OBP downgrade - SUN

This is a discussion on OBP downgrade - SUN ; Hello, I would like to downgrade flash OBP in my SunFire v210 from version 4.18.5 down to 4.17.1. Shall I apply patch 119234-01 and follow README, regardless that it is for update purpose ? Is any danger in downgrade process? ...

  1. OBP downgrade

    Hello,

    I would like to downgrade flash OBP in my SunFire v210 from version
    4.18.5 down to 4.17.1. Shall I apply patch 119234-01 and follow README,
    regardless that it is for update purpose ? Is any danger in downgrade
    process? I appreciate your comment and help.

    With regards. Jacek Igalson
    --
    Jacek Igalson
    Polish Telecom R&D Dept

  2. Re: OBP downgrade

    "Jacek Igalson" wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I would like to downgrade flash OBP in my SunFire v210 from version
    > 4.18.5 down to 4.17.1. Shall I apply patch 119234-01 and follow README,
    > regardless that it is for update purpose ? Is any danger in downgrade
    > process? I appreciate your comment and help.
    >
    > With regards. Jacek Igalson

    Why not just upgrade it to 4.22.33?
    Is there some compelling reason for going to an older version?

    I guess the danger is being suspectible to whatever problems 4.18.5 fixed.
    Also if you have problems and contact Sun the first thing they will probably
    recommend is installing the latest OBP firmware.

    There's also ALOM firmware on the Sun Fire V210s which is up to 1.6.6.
    Most of the newer OBPs probably recommend at least 1.5.x if not required.

    Trinean

+ Reply to Thread