prtdiag on an E450 - SUN

This is a discussion on prtdiag on an E450 - SUN ; We have an E450 server with 13 disks installed but prtdiag -v always fails to find any disk other than the system disk, disk 0: Disk LED Status: OK = GREEN ERROR = YELLOW DISK 18: [EMPTY] DISK 19: [EMPTY] ...

  1. prtdiag on an E450

    We have an E450 server with 13 disks installed but prtdiag -v always fails
    to find any disk other than the system disk, disk 0:

    Disk LED Status: OK = GREEN ERROR = YELLOW
    DISK 18: [EMPTY] DISK 19: [EMPTY]
    DISK 16: [EMPTY] DISK 17: [EMPTY]
    DISK 14: [EMPTY] DISK 15: [EMPTY]
    DISK 12: [EMPTY] DISK 13: [EMPTY]
    DISK 10: [EMPTY] DISK 11: [EMPTY]
    DISK 8: [EMPTY] DISK 9: [EMPTY]
    DISK 6: [EMPTY] DISK 7: [EMPTY]
    DISK 4: [EMPTY] DISK 5: [EMPTY]
    DISK 2: [EMPTY] DISK 3: [EMPTY]
    DISK 0: [OK] DISK 1: [EMPTY]

    Why is this?

    Andy

  2. Re: prtdiag on an E450

    "andy thomas" wrote in message
    news:Pine.LNX.4.63.0709260658520.25554@anahata.ma. ic.ac.uk...
    > We have an E450 server with 13 disks installed but prtdiag -v always fails
    > to find any disk other than the system disk, disk 0:

    What firmware is on the E450?
    Does probe-scsi-all see all the disks at the ok> prompt?

    Trinean

  3. Re: prtdiag on an E450

    "andy thomas" wrote in message
    news:Pine.LNX.4.63.0709260658520.25554@anahata.ma. ic.ac.uk...
    > We have an E450 server with 13 disks installed but prtdiag -v always fails
    > to find any disk other than the system disk, disk 0:
    >

    > Disk LED Status: OK = GREEN ERROR = YELLOW
    > DISK 18: [EMPTY] DISK 19: [EMPTY]
    > DISK 16: [EMPTY] DISK 17: [EMPTY]
    > DISK 14: [EMPTY] DISK 15: [EMPTY]
    > DISK 12: [EMPTY] DISK 13: [EMPTY]
    > DISK 10: [EMPTY] DISK 11: [EMPTY]
    > DISK 8: [EMPTY] DISK 9: [EMPTY]
    > DISK 6: [EMPTY] DISK 7: [EMPTY]
    > DISK 4: [EMPTY] DISK 5: [EMPTY]
    > DISK 2: [EMPTY] DISK 3: [EMPTY]
    > DISK 0: [OK] DISK 1: [EMPTY]
    >

    > Why is this?

    I just found this via Google:

    http://www.sunmanagers.org/pipermail...ly/008249.html

    Which 13 disks are installed?
    Try installing in slots 0 through 12 if that is not how they are already
    populated.

    Good luck!
    Trinean

+ Reply to Thread