SunPCI III in an Ultra10 - SUN

This is a discussion on SunPCI III in an Ultra10 - SUN ; HI All, I know that it is not officially supported, but has anyone used a SunPCI III card in an Ultra 10? The physical and electrical specs of the required PCI slot appear okay, but I wonder if there are ...

  1. SunPCI III in an Ultra10

    HI All,

    I know that it is not officially supported, but has anyone used a SunPCI III
    card in an Ultra 10? The physical and electrical specs of the required PCI
    slot appear okay, but I wonder if there are any other issues (apart from
    performance).

    Thanks,

    Shaun

  2. Re: SunPCI III in an Ultra10

    Shaun James wrote:
    > HI All,
    >
    > I know that it is not officially supported, but has anyone used a SunPCI III
    > card in an Ultra 10? The physical and electrical specs of the required PCI
    > slot appear okay, but I wonder if there are any other issues (apart from
    > performance).
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Shaun

    I've got Sun PCI II pro running under Soalris 10 on an Ultra 80. I
    needed to do a make a couple of links from file with a 9 to some with
    10. Details can be found on the web.

  3. Re: SunPCI III in an Ultra10

    Thanks for your reply Dave. It's good to know that the SunPCI IIpro
    software works on Solaris 10.

    I'd still be interested to know if a SunPCI III would work in an Ultra10

    Regards,

    Shaun

    "Dave" wrote in message
    > Shaun James wrote:
    >> HI All,
    >>
    >> I know that it is not officially supported, but has anyone used a SunPCI
    >> III card in an Ultra 10? The physical and electrical specs of the
    >> required PCI slot appear okay, but I wonder if there are any other issues
    >> (apart from performance).
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Shaun
    >>

    > I've got Sun PCI II pro running under Soalris 10 on an Ultra 80. I needed
    > to do a make a couple of links from file with a 9 to some with 10. Details
    > can be found on the web.

  4. Re: SunPCI III in an Ultra10

    Shaun James wrote:
    : HI All,

    : I know that it is not officially supported, but has anyone used a SunPCI III
    : card in an Ultra 10? The physical and electrical specs of the required PCI
    : slot appear okay, but I wonder if there are any other issues (apart from
    : performance).

    I tried putting mine in an Ultra 10 at first but couldn't
    get it to work. (It was also a SunPCI III)

    I ended up moving it to a newer system to use it.

    --
    Barry Keeney
    Chaos Consulting

    "Rap is Square Dancing gone terribly, terribly Wrong...."

  5. Re: SunPCI III in an Ultra10

    "Shaun James" wrote in message
    > HI All,
    >
    > I know that it is not officially supported, but has anyone used a SunPCI

    III
    > card in an Ultra 10? The physical and electrical specs of the required

    PCI
    > slot appear okay, but I wonder if there are any other issues (apart from
    > performance).

    It'll probably seem sluggish if it works since the SunPCi III will probably
    be faster than the Ultra 10's CPU.
    Even with a SunPCi IIpro I saw an improvement with the Windows 2000 just by
    moving the card from an Ultra 10 to a Sun Blade 1000.

    Trinean

+ Reply to Thread