Sun Fire V1280 IB-SSC Assemblies - SUN

This is a discussion on Sun Fire V1280 IB-SSC Assemblies - SUN ; Here's a question for you guys: What's the difference between these types of IB-SSC Assemblies for the Sun Fire V1280? A.) PCI I/O Assembly B.) PCI I/O Assembly, Version 2 C.) PCI+ I/O Assembly D.) PCI-X I/O Assembly. I'm having ...

  1. Sun Fire V1280 IB-SSC Assemblies

    Here's a question for you guys: What's the difference between these types of IB-SSC Assemblies for the Sun Fire V1280?

    A.) PCI I/O Assembly
    B.) PCI I/O Assembly, Version 2
    C.) PCI+ I/O Assembly
    D.) PCI-X I/O Assembly.

    I'm having one heck of a time figuring out some of the PCI differences between those types -- mainly the differences between PCI, PCI+, and PCI-X

    What is PCI+? I can't find the info anywhere.

    SunnySide

  2. Re: Sun Fire V1280 IB-SSC Assemblies

    "SunnySideUp" wrote in message
    > Here's a question for you guys: What's the difference between these types

    of IB-SSC Assemblies for the Sun Fire V1280?

    > A.) PCI I/O Assembly
    > B.) PCI I/O Assembly, Version 2

    These have six PCI slots. Five are 33 MHz and one is 66 MHz.
    I think it's actually the System Controller part that is Version 2 since the
    E2900 is supported as well for this model.

    > C.) PCI+ I/O Assembly

    This has six PCI slots. All six are 66 MHz.

    > D.) PCI-X I/O Assembly.

    This has six PCI slots. All six are 100 MHz.

    > I'm having one heck of a time figuring out some of the PCI differences

    between those types -- mainly the differences between PCI, PCI+, and PCI-X

    > What is PCI+? I can't find the info anywhere.
    >
    > SunnySide

    Trinean

  3. Re: Sun Fire V1280 IB-SSC Assemblies

    Thanks!

    One more question: Is the controller mapping the same for the PCI slots in these assemblies? I'm assuming there's a little bit of a difference between these assemblies.

    SunnySide

+ Reply to Thread