    sticks but nothing happened. Thank you for help.

    Angelo Rossi

  2. Re: died ultra5

    On 2007-04-30, Angelo Rossi wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Please help me, I got an old ultra5 360MHz with original 128MB ram. Last
    > time I got an error like CPU[0]: Correctable ECC Error AFSR[100000]... Then
    > after 3/4 power on and off cycle the ultra5 won't boot (no monitor signal
    > but keyboard leds flashed). I tried to exchange/remove the two memory
    > sticks but nothing happened. Thank you for help.

    Throw it away and buy another on eBay.

    --
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those
    who know little, not those who know much, who so positively assert that this

  3. Re: died ultra5

    Huge wrote:

    > On 2007-04-30, Angelo Rossi wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Please help me, I got an old ultra5 360MHz with original 128MB ram. Last
    >> time I got an error like CPU[0]: Correctable ECC Error AFSR[100000]...
    >> Then after 3/4 power on and off cycle the ultra5 won't boot (no monitor
    >> signal but keyboard leds flashed). I tried to exchange/remove the two
    >> memory sticks but nothing happened. Thank you for help.

    > Throw it away and buy another on eBay.

    Thnaks... I reseated floppy and IDE connectors and it came back to life
    again

    Angelo Rossi

+ Reply to Thread