FS: sparc plus storedge in northern virginia no shipping - SUN

This is a discussion on FS: sparc plus storedge in northern virginia no shipping - SUN ; hi, have to sell my precious sun stuff this is a currently complete functioning working production system (home production) I use it as a file server it is made up of an array ( Sun StorEdge D1000 )of scsi disk ...

  1. FS: sparc plus storedge in northern virginia no shipping

    hi,

    have to sell my precious sun stuff

    this is a currently complete functioning working production system (home
    production)

    I use it as a file server

    it is made up of an array ( Sun StorEdge D1000 )of scsi disk drives (spares
    included)

    array is hooked up to hardware controller ( Sun StorEdge 3500 - about 25
    pounds) - this is a cool controller with dual power supplies, dual cpus,
    dual memory modules, dual/fail over everything

    I include 3 of these Sun StorEdge 3500

    this Sun StorEdge 3500 is in turn hooked up to ultra sparc 2 which is
    configured with 1048576K of ram, two cpus 200 mhz each, ultra wide
    diferential scsi sbus modules and extra nics

    currently configured to provide 117 gigabytes of storage - yeah, I know,
    it's not much - I configured it a long while ago and did not have time and
    desire to reconfigure - of course, you can put in larger disk drives and
    have a terabyte or terabytes

    it's a highly redundant system that I have built to pass veritas and sun
    solstice certifications (yes, I did both)

    it's not really practical to use in real modern production environment, but
    would be EXTREMELY useful in test/educational lab/environment

    offer me what you think is fair but do not offend me

    if I like your offer, I will throw in some related books

    also, I do not have time or desire to dig out exact specs of the system for
    you

    not that I'm totally arrogant or something, but it's just that exact specs
    not longer matter - REALLY!

    so, here's brief summary in pounds approximately of what's included

    sun montor - 25 lbs
    sun ultra 2 - 25 lbs
    sun storedge d1000 - 35 lbs
    sun storedge 3500 - 40 lbs each, 3 included: 3*40=120 lbs

    original, but dirty sun mouse and keyboard are included as well

    also, if desired, ultra sparc 1 (not working) is available for spares for
    free with the purchase

    this ultra sparc 1 worked until recently, but then I tried to turn it on,
    and it would not - after a thunderstorm - may be needs new power supply, I
    do not know

    if you have a nice project, it's great, but I'm not into donating at the
    moment, and expect hard cold cash

    believe me, I have paid some hard-earned, cold cash when I wanted to build
    this system

    it's really heavy and shipping would not be cost-effective for you...

    local pickup is the way to go

    farmerc erols period com
    you can call me 202-378-6699 alex

  2. Re: FS: sparc plus storedge in northern virginia no shipping

    Yes, I know, I'm supposed to cancel the messages instead of posting SOLd
    message, but for some reason messages are not being canceled... I've got
    this new account and it does allow me to cancel my own messages. Yes, I did
    set the right email address. It says that messages will be canceled, but
    they remain visible, as you can see.

    Any ways, it is sold..

    For those of you selling/buying, for comparison purposes, here's the price
    for which I'd sold it: $360

    I did include a couple good books (sun educational services).

+ Reply to Thread