hi,

have to sell my precious sun stuff

this is a currently complete functioning working production system (home
production)

I use it as a file server

it is made up of an array ( Sun StorEdge D1000 )of scsi disk drives (spares
included)

array is hooked up to hardware controller ( Sun StorEdge 3500 - about 25
pounds) - this is a cool controller with dual power supplies, dual cpus,
dual memory modules, dual/fail over everything

I include 3 of these Sun StorEdge 3500

this Sun StorEdge 3500 is in turn hooked up to ultra sparc 2 which is
configured with 1048576K of ram, two cpus 200 mhz each, ultra wide
diferential scsi sbus modules and extra nics

currently configured to provide 117 gigabytes of storage - yeah, I know,
it's not much - I configured it a long while ago and did not have time and
desire to reconfigure - of course, you can put in larger disk drives and
have a terabyte or terabytes

it's a highly redundant system that I have built to pass veritas and sun
solstice certifications (yes, I did both)

it's not really practical to use in real modern production environment, but
would be EXTREMELY useful in test/educational lab/environment

offer me what you think is fair but do not offend me

if I like your offer, I will throw in some related books

also, I do not have time or desire to dig out exact specs of the system for
you

not that I'm totally arrogant or something, but it's just that exact specs
not longer matter - REALLY!

so, here's brief summary in pounds approximately of what's included

sun montor - 25 lbs
sun ultra 2 - 25 lbs
sun storedge d1000 - 35 lbs
sun storedge 3500 - 40 lbs each, 3 included: 3*40=120 lbs

original, but dirty sun mouse and keyboard are included as well

also, if desired, ultra sparc 1 (not working) is available for spares for
free with the purchase

this ultra sparc 1 worked until recently, but then I tried to turn it on,
and it would not - after a thunderstorm - may be needs new power supply, I
do not know

if you have a nice project, it's great, but I'm not into donating at the
moment, and expect hard cold cash

believe me, I have paid some hard-earned, cold cash when I wanted to build
this system
farmerc erols period com
you can call me 202-378-6699 alex