Ultra 45 CPU Fan/Heatsink - SUN

This is a discussion on Ultra 45 CPU Fan/Heatsink - SUN ; Hi NG, does someone which vendor produces the heatsinks for UltraSPARCs? I need an heatsink for an Ultra 45. Can I only use the original parts from SUN? Regards Volker Jordan...

  1. Ultra 45 CPU Fan/Heatsink

    Hi NG,
    does someone which vendor produces the heatsinks for UltraSPARCs?

    I need an heatsink for an Ultra 45. Can I only use the original parts from
    SUN?

    Regards

    Volker Jordan

  2. Re: Ultra 45 CPU Fan/Heatsink

    HI,

    Volker Jordan wrote:
    > Hi NG,
    > does someone which vendor produces the heatsinks for UltraSPARCs?
    >
    > I need an heatsink for an Ultra 45. Can I only use the original parts from
    > SUN?
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Volker Jordan

    Don't know, but aslong as the heatsink is proper fitted and has the
    correct size it should be fine.

    FWIW, U45 and Blade 2500 use different heatsinks but the CPU is the same.

    /michael

  3. Re: Ultra 45 CPU Fan/Heatsink

    "Volker Jordan" wrote in message
    newsan.2007.04.28.19.22.28.309508@web.de...
    > Hi NG,
    > does someone which vendor produces the heatsinks for UltraSPARCs?
    >
    > I need an heatsink for an Ultra 45. Can I only use the original parts from
    > SUN?

    As far as I can tell the bare heatsink/fan for the Ultra 25/45 isn't
    available even from Sun.
    The entire motherboard would need to be replaced.

    I'm surprised it's not available by itself like on the Sun Fire V210/V240
    servers.

    Trinean

+ Reply to Thread