rj45 to db25 male to Sun console port - SUN

This is a discussion on rj45 to db25 male to Sun console port - SUN ; Can some one provide a wiring diagram for rj45 to db25 male to be connected to a Sun serial port a. I am assuming that a null modem setup is needed to talk to a Sun console port from a ...

  1. rj45 to db25 male to Sun console port

    Can some one provide a wiring diagram for rj45 to db25 male to be
    connected to a Sun serial port a. I am assuming that a null modem setup
    is needed to talk to a Sun console port from a terminal?

    Should RX/TX and Grnd be sufficient? I am trying to avoid having to
    solder and DTR shorts.

    Thanks

    --
    Cognitive dissonance - a state of mind that occurs when you refuse to
    buy a pre-owned automobile but go off and marry a "pre-owned" woman with

  2. Re: rj45 to db25 male to Sun console port

    Mikail Dellovich writes:
    >Can some one provide a wiring diagram for rj45 to db25 male to be
    >connected to a Sun serial port a. I am assuming that a null modem setup
    >is needed to talk to a Sun console port from a terminal?

    >Should RX/TX and Grnd be sufficient? I am trying to avoid having to
    >solder and DTR shorts.

    Look for a cisco console cable pinout. Its the same pinout. Or pick up
    a spare cisco console cable and you're set. (or Netscreen, or
    Fortigate, or etc. etc).

    Otherwise, the definitive place was..

    http://www.stokely.com/unix.serial.port.resources/

    Oh yeah, they went away..

    But got moved to here..

    http://www.sunhelp.org/unix-serial-p...erial-pinouts/

  3. Re: rj45 to db25 male to Sun console port

    On Apr 25, 11:03 am, Doug McIntyre wrote:
    > Mikail Dellovich writes:
    > >Can some one provide a wiring diagram for rj45 to db25 male to be
    > >connected to a Sun serial port a. I am assuming that a null modem setup
    > >is needed to talk to a Sun console port from a terminal?
    > >Should RX/TX and Grnd be sufficient? I am trying to avoid having to
    > >solder and DTR shorts.

    I think below the link will help u

    http://www.lantronix.cn/support/docs...s_ref/appc.htm

    > Look for a cisco console cable pinout. Its the same pinout. Or pick up
    > a spare cisco console cable and you're set. (or Netscreen, or
    > Fortigate, or etc. etc).
    >
    > Otherwise, the definitive place was..
    >
    > http://www.stokely.com/unix.serial.port.resources/
    >
    > Oh yeah, they went away..