old servers for sale, need parts? - SUN

This is a discussion on old servers for sale, need parts? - SUN ; I have these servers that I want to sell... Roommate left them in the apartment... What do you think they're worth and where can I sell them? Should I take out the memory and drives and sell them as a ...

  1. old servers for sale, need parts?

    I have these servers that I want to sell...

    Roommate left them in the apartment...

    What do you think they're worth and where can I sell them? Should I
    take out the memory and drives and sell them as a package on ebay and
    then scrap the rest? Processors are slow.

    Any ideas\suggestions would be helpful. - Thanks

    Sun Ultra Enterprise Server and Workstation Specs:

    450 (server)
    2 x 250 MHz UltraSparc II
    20 X 9 10000 RPM SCSI drives
    CDROM
    256 ~ 512 MB RAM

    3000 (workstation)
    2 X 250 MHz UltraSparc II
    10 X 9 SCSI drives
    Tape drive
    CDROM
    2GB memory

    http://picasaweb.google.com/bensig/S...ey=Sg49LiE8RFY

  2. Re: old servers for sale, need parts?

    nemmex wrote:
    > I have these servers that I want to sell...

    > Roommate left them in the apartment...

    > What do you think they're worth and where can I sell them? Should I
    > take out the memory and drives and sell them as a package on ebay and
    > then scrap the rest? Processors are slow.

    > Any ideas\suggestions would be helpful. - Thanks

    > Sun Ultra Enterprise Server and Workstation Specs:

    > 450 (server)
    > 2 x 250 MHz UltraSparc II
    > 20 X 9 10000 RPM SCSI drives
    > CDROM
    > 256 ~ 512 MB RAM

    > 3000 (workstation)
    > 2 X 250 MHz UltraSparc II
    > 10 X 9 SCSI drives
    > Tape drive
    > CDROM
    > 2GB memory

    They're not worth much at all really. The E3000 isn't exactly a
    "workstation", it's huge/heavy and eats power. Why not just offer them
    complete for local pickup? The multiple drives might be interesting to
    someone trying to learn volume management software.

    I wouldn't want to pay the power bill to run either of them 24x7
    though and that's the main problem with the usefullness of those
    machines to a home user.

+ Reply to Thread