probe-scsi-all hangs probing D1000 - SUN

This is a discussion on probe-scsi-all hangs probing D1000 - SUN ; Hi folks, Im having a problem with a Ultra60 box with diff scsi pci card conected to one D1000. The conection are correct because a checked the D1000 guide. When a do probe-scsi-all in the OBP, the D1000 blink all ...

  1. probe-scsi-all hangs probing D1000

    Hi folks,

    Im having a problem with a Ultra60 box with diff scsi pci card
    conected to one D1000. The conection are correct because a checked the
    D1000 guide. When a do probe-scsi-all in the OBP, the D1000 blink all
    disks one time then the led of one of the disks powers off and then
    nothing else appens. The OBP frezes, serching for something on that
    controller forever. Can anyone give me a hand.

    Thanks in advance.

    Best regards.

  2. Re: probe-scsi-all hangs probing D1000

    On 2006-04-12 08:22:10 +0100, "SpaceWalker" said:

    > Hi folks,
    >
    > Im having a problem with a Ultra60 box with diff scsi pci card
    > conected to one D1000. The conection are correct because a checked the
    > D1000 guide. When a do probe-scsi-all in the OBP, the D1000 blink all
    > disks one time then the led of one of the disks powers off and then
    > nothing else appens. The OBP frezes, serching for something on that
    > controller forever. Can anyone give me a hand.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Best regards.

    Do you have a terminator (or two) on the back of the D1000? I memory
    serves they should be active ones....

    Steve

  3. Re: probe-scsi-all hangs probing D1000

    Strange! Or maybe not!

    I have connect the scsi cable to the other scsi port of the pci scsi
    card, and "voila". Every disks are seen in the probe-scsi-all in OBP.
    Why i have this strange result when i conect in the other scsi port of
    the pci scsi card?

    I dont know! Anyone know?

    Regards.

  4. Re: probe-scsi-all hangs probing D1000

    On 2006-04-12 14:35:24 +0100, "SpaceWalker" said:

    > Strange! Or maybe not!
    >
    > I have connect the scsi cable to the other scsi port of the pci scsi
    > card, and "voila". Every disks are seen in the probe-scsi-all in OBP.
    > Why i have this strange result when i conect in the other scsi port of
    > the pci scsi card?
    >
    > I dont know! Anyone know?
    >
    > Regards.

    A-ha, sth jumps in to my mind now! You can config a D1000 into either
    two 6-bay arrays or or one 12-bay via the jumpers, maybe you can only
    see the disks properly from one 'end'? I've got rid of my D1000 so I
    can't look.

    Get the pdf's from sunsolve, there's more to D1000's than just an array!

    Steve

  5. Re: probe-scsi-all hangs probing D1000

    SpaceWalker wrote:
    > I have connect the scsi cable to the other scsi port of the pci scsi
    > card, and "voila". Every disks are seen in the probe-scsi-all in OBP.
    > Why i have this strange result when i conect in the other scsi port of
    > the pci scsi card?

    Bad card?

    --
    Darren Dunham ddunham@taos.com