How to reset firmware pwd on AXi - SUN

This is a discussion on How to reset firmware pwd on AXi - SUN ; Hello, I got a sparc compatible with AXi board build by transtec and I don't know the firmware password. Is there a way to reset it? Thanks, Mike...

  1. How to reset firmware pwd on AXi

    Hello,

    I got a sparc compatible with AXi board build by transtec and I don't
    know the firmware password.
    Is there a way to reset it?

    Thanks,
    Mike

  2. Re: How to reset firmware pwd on AXi

    Michael Perkonigg wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I got a sparc compatible with AXi board build by transtec and I don't
    > know the firmware password.
    > Is there a way to reset it?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Mike

    The way it's usually done is by installing a disk with an OS for which
    you know the root password, and then using the EEPROM command to reset
    it.

    Or, you could replace the chip that holds the password.