    for x86 which is availble in .pkg format.

    Thanks in advance

  2. Re: pdf reader

    On 2007-05-17, Pandi K wrote:
    > I have a Solaris 10 installed in HP X86 pc. Kindly tell me a very
    > good pdf reader.
    >
    > I have already failed in installing the xpdf. Tell me some pdf reader
    > for x86 which is availble in .pkg format.

    huge{~}: which acroread
    acroread is /usr/sfw/bin/acroread
    huge{~}:
    huge{~}:
    huge{~}: uname -a
    SunOS apophis 5.10 Generic_118822-30 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-60

    --
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those
    who know little, not those who know much, who so positively assert that this

  3. Re: pdf reader

    Pandi K writes:
    > I have a Solaris 10 installed in HP X86 pc. Kindly tell me a very
    > good pdf reader.
    >
    > I have already failed in installing the xpdf. Tell me some pdf reader
    > for x86 which is availble in .pkg format.

    'evince' (part of GNOME) works pretty well and is included with
    current versions of Solaris Express.

    I'm curious: exactly what does it mean to "fail in installing" xpdf,
    and is that something that, if fixed, would help?

    --
    James Carlson, Solaris Networking

  4. Re: pdf reader

    Pandi K wrote:
    > I have a Solaris 10 installed in HP X86 pc. Kindly tell me a very
    > good pdf reader.
    >
    > I have already failed in installing the xpdf. Tell me some pdf reader
    > for x86 which is availble in .pkg format.

    In Solaris 10, the Gnome variant of xpdf, gpdf, is preinstalled.
    At least, this holds for the SPARC version.

    --

    Hans Werner Strube strube(@)physik3(.)gwdg(.)de
    Drittes Physikalisches Institut, Univ. Goettingen

  5. Re: pdf reader

    huge@huge.org.uk writes in comp.sys.sun.apps:
    |On 2007-05-17, Pandi K wrote:
    |> I have a Solaris 10 installed in HP X86 pc. Kindly tell me a very
    |> good pdf reader.
    |>
    |> I have already failed in installing the xpdf. Tell me some pdf reader
    |> for x86 which is availble in .pkg format.
    |

    |huge{~}: which acroread
    |acroread is /usr/sfw/bin/acroread
    |huge{~}: uname -a
    |SunOS apophis 5.10 Generic_118822-30 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-60

    That's a SPARC - there is no current acroread for x86.

    --
    Alan Coopersmith * alanc@alum.calberkeley.org * Alan.Coopersmith@Sun.COM
    http://blogs.sun.com/alanc/ * http://people.freedesktop.org/~alanc/

  6. Re: pdf reader

    Pandi K writes:

    > I have a Solaris 10 installed in HP X86 pc. Kindly tell me a very
    > good pdf reader.
    >
    > I have already failed in installing the xpdf. Tell me some pdf reader
    > for x86 which is availble in .pkg format.

    You can easily install xpdf using the Blastwave supplied package. You
    can find the necessary information at http://www.blastwave.org/

    --
    the true email address is encoded in an attempt to minimize spam.
    pass csryrpna ng npz qbg bet through http://www.rot13.com/

  7. Re: pdf reader

    Alan Coopersmith wrote:
    > huge@huge.org.uk writes in comp.sys.sun.apps:
    > |On 2007-05-17, Pandi K wrote:
    > |> I have a Solaris 10 installed in HP X86 pc. Kindly tell me a very
    > |> good pdf reader.
    > |>
    > |> I have already failed in installing the xpdf. Tell me some pdf reader
    > |> for x86 which is availble in .pkg format.
    > |

    > |huge{~}: which acroread
    > |acroread is /usr/sfw/bin/acroread
    > |huge{~}: uname -a
    > |SunOS apophis 5.10 Generic_118822-30 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-60
    >
    > That's a SPARC - there is no current acroread for x86.

    Nope, but there's AcroRead 4 and that's mostly OK. (As long as it's not
    Sun docs you're trying to read...)

  8. Re: pdf reader

    Pandi K writes:

    >I have a Solaris 10 installed in HP X86 pc. Kindly tell me a very
    >good pdf reader.

    Just use Adobe Acrobat. It's free to download from Adobe's site and they do
    provide full support for Solaris.

    >I have already failed in installing the xpdf. Tell me some pdf reader
    >for x86 which is availble in .pkg format.

    xpdf is a good, lightweight application but it doesn't have anything like
    the functionality of Adobe Acrobat reader.

    Craig.

    --
    SUN RIPENED KERNELS - Surplus Sun Microsystems Equipment, Parts + Accessories
    Location: Sydney, Australia - Web: http://www.sunrk.com.au - Get back on track

  9. Re: pdf reader

    On 2007-05-25, Kralizec Craig wrote:
    > Pandi K writes:
    >
    >>I have a Solaris 10 installed in HP X86 pc. Kindly tell me a very
    >>good pdf reader.

    > Just use Adobe Acrobat. It's free to download from Adobe's site and they do
    > provide full support for Solaris.

    Not for Solaris X86, they don't.

    http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

    The pulldown doesn't have Sol X86.

    --
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those
    who know little, not those who know much, who so positively assert that this
    or that problem will never be solved by science.
    [email me at huge {at} huge (dot) org uk]

  10. Re: pdf reader

    On Sat, 26 May 2007 08:18:05 +0000, Huge wrote:

    > On 2007-05-25, Kralizec Craig wrote:
    >> Pandi K writes:
    >>
    >>>I have a Solaris 10 installed in HP X86 pc. Kindly tell me a very good
    >>>pdf reader.

    >> Just use Adobe Acrobat. It's free to download from Adobe's site and they
    >> do provide full support for Solaris.

    > Not for Solaris X86, they don't.
    >
    > http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/acrobat/readstep2.html
    >
    > The pulldown doesn't have Sol X86.

    I've got the 4.01 for x86 somewhere, but I use evince these days, there is
    a copy at http://www.blastwave.org

    --
    XJR1300SP, XJ900F, GS550, GSX250, 750SS
    POTM#1(KoTL), WUSS#1 , YTC#1(bar), OSOS#2(KoTL) , DS#3 , IbW#18 ,Apostle#8

  11. Re: pdf reader

    Huge writes:

    >On 2007-05-25, Kralizec Craig wrote:
    >> Pandi K writes:
    >>
    >>>I have a Solaris 10 installed in HP X86 pc. Kindly tell me a very
    >>>good pdf reader.

    >> Just use Adobe Acrobat. It's free to download from Adobe's site and they do
    >> provide full support for Solaris.

    >Not for Solaris X86, they don't.

    >http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

    >The pulldown doesn't have Sol X86.

    Oh I didn't realise that - my bad!

    I keep forgetting about the x86 version of Solaris. 8-) It's not a common
    connection people tend to make when you say 'Solaris' to someone...

    Craig.