How Do I Deploy an App to a Sun ONE Server? - SUN

This is a discussion on How Do I Deploy an App to a Sun ONE Server? - SUN ; Sun Server folks, I've searched for hours through documentation and cannot see how to deploy a static web application to a Sun One Server (SP 10). Here's my info: 1. Went to Sun and download Sun ONE Web Server 6.0, ...

  1. How Do I Deploy an App to a Sun ONE Server?

    Sun Server folks,
    I've searched for hours through documentation and cannot see how to
    deploy a static web application to a Sun One Server (SP 10). Here's
    my info:

    1. Went to Sun and download Sun ONE Web Server 6.0, Service Pack 10 @
    https://sdlc5c.sun.com/ECom/EComActi...A9A6C5E777E40A
    2. Started the server using Programs > iPlanet Web Server > Start iWS
    Administration Server
    3. Went to the admin page using Programs > iPlanet Web Server >
    Administer Web Server

    Now at this point I'm expecting that somewhere I can deploy an
    application (static or dynamic) to the server but for the life of me I
    can't find anything. Here's what I see:

    4. On this first page (the Servers tab) I see a server to manage from
    the dropdown combo box so I hit the manage button next to it.
    5. On the next page the first thing a saw was that the server was Off
    so I turned it On.
    6. After that I couldn't see any place to deploy an application.

    TIA for any help.
    Mark

  2. Re: How Do I Deploy an App to a Sun ONE Server?

    marksisson@gmail.com wrote:
    > Sun Server folks,
    > I've searched for hours through documentation and cannot see how to
    > deploy a static web application to a Sun One Server (SP 10). Here's
    > my info:
    >
    > 1. Went to Sun and download Sun ONE Web Server 6.0, Service Pack 10 @
    > https://sdlc5c.sun.com/ECom/EComActi...A9A6C5E777E40A
    > 2. Started the server using Programs > iPlanet Web Server > Start iWS
    > Administration Server
    > 3. Went to the admin page using Programs > iPlanet Web Server >
    > Administer Web Server
    >
    > Now at this point I'm expecting that somewhere I can deploy an
    > application (static or dynamic) to the server but for the life of me I
    > can't find anything. Here's what I see:
    >
    > 4. On this first page (the Servers tab) I see a server to manage from
    > the dropdown combo box so I hit the manage button next to it.
    > 5. On the next page the first thing a saw was that the server was Off
    > so I turned it On.
    > 6. After that I couldn't see any place to deploy an application.
    >
    > TIA for any help.
    > Mark

    Hmmm, am I missing something here? This is a web server. I'm mostly used
    to Apache and there you just place you html, cgi, php where the
    httpd.conf says they are to be placed.

    Are you thinking of the app server?

    Or am I totally confused. This is _not_ my home...

  3. Re: How Do I Deploy an App to a Sun ONE Server?

    marksisson@gmail.com a écrit :
    > Sun Server folks,
    > I've searched for hours through documentation and cannot see how to
    > deploy a static web application to a Sun One Server (SP 10). Here's
    > my info:
    >
    > 1. Went to Sun and download Sun ONE Web Server 6.0, Service Pack 10 @
    > https://sdlc5c.sun.com/ECom/EComActi...A9A6C5E777E40A
    > 2. Started the server using Programs > iPlanet Web Server > Start iWS
    > Administration Server
    > 3. Went to the admin page using Programs > iPlanet Web Server >
    > Administer Web Server
    >
    > Now at this point I'm expecting that somewhere I can deploy an
    > application (static or dynamic) to the server but for the life of me I
    > can't find anything. Here's what I see:
    >
    > 4. On this first page (the Servers tab) I see a server to manage from
    > the dropdown combo box so I hit the manage button next to it.
    > 5. On the next page the first thing a saw was that the server was Off
    > so I turned it On.
    > 6. After that I couldn't see any place to deploy an application.

    Why are you installing such an old release ?

    Latest is Sun Java System Web Server 7.0.

    Anayway, here's how to do it from the command line or the console:

    http://access1.sun.com/techarticles/...bApps_iWS.html

+ Reply to Thread