iPlanet, where to find it HELP - SUN

This is a discussion on iPlanet, where to find it HELP - SUN ; Hi all, I need to use iPlanet (ver. 4 or 6) for using an application in my company. I know it's obsoleted, infact I can't download it on the web. What about SunONE ? Is it the current Sun web ...

  1. iPlanet, where to find it HELP

    Hi all,
    I need to use iPlanet (ver. 4 or 6) for using an application in my company.

    I know it's obsoleted, infact I can't download it on the web.
    What about SunONE ? Is it the current Sun web server which encapsulates also
    iPlanet ? Is is very different from simple iPlanet ? Will I have
    compatibility problems ?

    Or maybe do you have any links just to download it ?

    I'm in trouble, thanks a lot to everybody helps.

    Best regards

    Alessandro

  2. Re: iPlanet, where to find it HELP

    Ale a écrit :
    > Hi all,
    > I need to use iPlanet (ver. 4 or 6) for using an application in my company.

    There use to be many products branded iPlanet. Which one is yours ?

    > I know it's obsoleted, infact I can't download it on the web.

    Correct.

    > What about SunONE ? Is it the current Sun web server which encapsulates also
    > iPlanet ?

    No, Sun ONE is obsoleted too, it's Sun Java Enterprise System now.

    http://www.sun.com/software/javaenterprisesystem/

    > Is is very different from simple iPlanet ? Will I have
    > compatibility problems ?

    Maybe.

  3. Re: iPlanet, where to find it HELP

    > There use to be many products branded iPlanet. Which one is yours ?

    Thanks for your answer.

    I need to use "iPlanet Web Server" (4.0 or 6.0) ... do you know any
    link ? or do you know anybody who owns it ?

    best regards

    Alessandro

  4. Re: iPlanet, where to find it HELP

    Alessandro a écrit :
    >> There use to be many products branded iPlanet. Which one is yours ?
    >>

    > Thanks for your answer.
    >
    > I need to use "iPlanet Web Server" (4.0 or 6.0)

    These are obsolete unsupported versions.

    > ... do you know any link ? or do you know anybody who owns it ?

    You'd rather switch to the last version, which is legally downloadable
    for free:

    http://www.sun.com/download/products.xml?id=45ad781d

    See also that page:

    http://blogs.sun.com/natarajan/entry...em_web_server1