Hi,

I've set up a DB2 8 database and I'm trying to connect to it with Sun
ONE webserver 6.1 on AIX 5.2. When I test the webapp I get "auth
failed server does not support this method/mechanism". After looking
into it I found out the server only allows "Username only
authentication"

After adding "SecurityMechanism" to the Connection Pool parameters I
get java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2SimpleDataSource.setSecurityMec hanism(boolean). I'm
not sure why it's sending the 4 as a boolean rather than as an int or
short. I tried using 0x4.

The developer used DataSource to make the connection and after some
digging around I found:

db2ds.setSecurityMechanism(
com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2BaseDataSource.USER_ONLY_SECURI TY);
// Set security mechanism to
// user ID only

to set it in the source code as a workaround.

Has anyone encountered this? Does anyone have a guess as how to get
around this?