Sun's Open Source - SUN

This is a discussion on Sun's Open Source - SUN ; I'm probably in the wrong group here . . but does anyone know if Sun's Open Source suite supports a com interface? Or, can you point me to a users group or web site with a faq that would answer ...

  1. Sun's Open Source

    I'm probably in the wrong group here . . but does anyone know if Sun's Open
    Source suite supports a com interface? Or, can you point me to a users group
    or web site with a faq that would answer some basic questions.

    Thanks

    John
    --
    John Baughman
    Ohio State Class of '72

  2. Re: Sun's Open Source

    "John Baughman" <1johnbaughman@verizon.net> writes:
    > I'm probably in the wrong group here . . but does anyone know if Sun's Open
    > Source suite supports a com interface? Or, can you point me to a users group
    > or web site with a faq that would answer some basic questions.

    You may want to define what you mean by a "com interface" and what you
    mean by "supports," or just visit www.opensolaris.org to look at the
    source itself.

    If you're talking about Microsoft's proprietary DCOM/.NET stuff, I
    don't believe any such code is there, but there are third-party DCOM
    implementations available that run on Solaris. A quick web search
    turned up something called "EntireX."

    --
    James Carlson, KISS Network