Re: What kind of wireless addapter for a Ultra 10?? - SUN

This is a discussion on Re: What kind of wireless addapter for a Ultra 10?? - SUN ; Apple Dumpling writes: >PCI card? The problem is more with the driver. I don't know if Solaris 10 has wireless card drivers, but Solaris 9 didn't and the only one available at the time was a driver from Lynnsoft which ...

  1. Re: What kind of wireless addapter for a Ultra 10??

    Apple Dumpling writes:

    >PCI card?

    The problem is more with the driver. I don't know if Solaris 10 has wireless
    card drivers, but Solaris 9 didn't and the only one available at the time
    was a driver from Lynnsoft which only supported a very limited number of
    802.11b cards based on a particular type of controller ASIC.

    I've heard that Lynnsoft now has a new version of the driver which works
    with just about all PCI wireless network cards though I am yet to actually
    find someone who's using the software with a PCI-based Sun system. 8-)

    Craig.

    --
    SUN RIPENED KERNELS - Surplus Sun Microsystems Equipment, Parts + Accessories
    Location: Sydney, Australia - Phone: 02-9520-2547 - Fax: 02-9520-2557

  2. Re: What kind of wireless addapter for a Ultra 10??

    In article , Kralizec Craig
    wrote:

    > Apple Dumpling writes:
    >
    > >PCI card?

    > The problem is more with the driver. I don't know if Solaris 10 has wireless
    > card drivers, but Solaris 9 didn't and the only one available at the time
    > was a driver from Lynnsoft which only supported a very limited number of
    > 802.11b cards based on a particular type of controller ASIC.
    >
    > I've heard that Lynnsoft now has a new version of the driver which works
    > with just about all PCI wireless network cards though I am yet to actually
    > find someone who's using the software with a PCI-based Sun system. 8-)
    >
    > Craig.

    Thanks for the info. At least it is a place to start.

    Bob

+ Reply to Thread