This is a discussion on [COMMERCIAL] Applixware 6.0 Released - SUN ; Applixware 6.0 has been released for Sun Sparc Solaris. Applixware is a cross-platform high availability application development environement used by Financial data centers, Trade floors, Defense organisations, Research centers, Aerospace, Agriculture, and more. For more information please consult: http://www.vistasource.com A ...
Applixware 6.0 has been released for Sun Sparc Solaris.
Applixware is a cross-platform high availability application development
environement used by Financial data centers, Trade floors, Defense
organisations, Research centers, Aerospace, Agriculture, and more.
For more information please consult:
A 30 day trial version CD's of Applixware can be obtained upon request
or by download from:
Apart from numerous bugfixes and enhancements, the important changes in
this release include upgraded import/export filters, an improved look &
feel, and new Reuters RMDS & Bloomberg data engines.
The following list provides an overview of new or updated features in
the Applixware 6.0 release:
* Added Wide Character Support. (7002911)
* Added user interface for RMDS SSL and RMDS TIB Engine. (7003300)
* Add online help for RMDS SSL and RMDS TIB Engines. (7003301)
* RMDS SFC libraries are now dynamic. (7003743)
* Upgraded RMDS engine to SFC C++ 4.4.5 E1 for Solaris. (7003440)
* Realtime Status window no longer shows "contribution accepted"
when publishing RMDS SSL data. The information is now written to a log
file, where it can be read if logging is turned on. (7003359)
* Added MS Ctrl-x, Ctrl-c, Ctrl-v key bindings for cut/copy/paste
to current menubars. (7003278)
* Added System Information Tool. (7002816)
* Added Quickstarts for Applixware RMDS SSL and Applixware RMDS
TIB engines. The PDF files can be found in the rtgate/rmds directory.
After installation they will be located at the top level of the install
directory. The Quickstart documentation now explains how to use a
custom appendix_a, see section "Environment Settings".
* Added autorecognition of PDF file format in Applixware Mail.
* Added preference to allow a paste after doing an row or column
insert. (7003284, 7003503)
* Added rtconfig file parameter to control date and time fields
format when subscribing and publishing. VistaSource plans for a future
release to add additional parameter to allow the display of time fields
in local or GMT time. (7003291,7003294)
* AxW Mail 6.0 now supports comments that contain parentheses in
the "From" header. (7001134)
* Improved filtering capabilities by integrating Anyware 2.2
* Improved User Interface by updating icons on the main menu and
application express lines. (7002918) (7003277) (7002919)
* Upgraded to new Macrovision Libraries. (7003273)
* Changed default gridline to solid in Spreadsheets. (7003302)
* Fixed problem with opening file containing small numbers.
* The setting of *sslFactory.InsertServices is no longer required
in the sfcapi.conf in order to Publish data using the RMDS SSL
* SS_SAVE_AS@ is now saving with proper permissioning for
non-native file types. (7003419)
* Fixed licensing problem when starting up multiple realtime
engines in a rapid manor. (7003420)
* CTRL selection now working for Table widget in Builder
application. (7003478, 7003563)