[COMMERCIAL] Applixware 6.0 Released - SUN

This is a discussion on [COMMERCIAL] Applixware 6.0 Released - SUN ; Applixware 6.0 has been released for x86 Linux. Applixware is a cross-platform high availability application development environement used by Financial data centers, Trade floors, Defense organisations, Research centers, Aerospace, Agriculture, and more. For more information please consult: http://www.vistasource.com A 30 ...

  1. [COMMERCIAL] Applixware 6.0 Released

    Applixware 6.0 has been released for x86 Linux.

    Applixware is a cross-platform high availability application development
    environement used by Financial data centers, Trade floors, Defense
    organisations, Research centers, Aerospace, Agriculture, and more.

    For more information please consult:
    http://www.vistasource.com

    A 30 day trial version CD's of Applixware can be obtained upon request
    to:
    sales@vistasource.com

    or by download from:
    http://www.aposit.com/download.php
    http://www.vistasource.com/vs2/en/downloads.php

    Apart from numerous bugfixes and enhancements, the important changes in
    this release include upgraded import/export filters, an improved look &
    feel, and new Reuters RMDS & Bloomberg data engines.

    The following list provides an overview of new or updated features in
    the Applixware 6.0 release:

    * Added Wide Character Support. (7002911)

    * Added user interface for RMDS SSL and RMDS TIB Engine. (7003300)

    * Add online help for RMDS SSL and RMDS TIB Engines. (7003301)

    * RMDS SFC libraries are now dynamic. (7003743)

    * Upgraded RMDS engine to SFC C++ 4.4.5 E1 for Solaris. (7003440)

    * Realtime Status window no longer shows "contribution accepted"
    when publishing RMDS SSL data. The information is now written to a log
    file, where it can be read if logging is turned on. (7003359)

    * Added MS Ctrl-x, Ctrl-c, Ctrl-v key bindings for cut/copy/paste
    to current menubars. (7003278)

    * Added System Information Tool. (7002816)

    * Added Quickstarts for Applixware RMDS SSL and Applixware RMDS
    TIB engines. The PDF files can be found in the rtgate/rmds directory.
    After installation they will be located at the top level of the install
    directory. The Quickstart documentation now explains how to use a
    custom appendix_a, see section "Environment Settings".
    (7003269)(7003269, 7003358)

    * Added autorecognition of PDF file format in Applixware Mail.
    (7003270)

    * Added preference to allow a paste after doing an row or column
    insert. (7003284, 7003503)

    * Added rtconfig file parameter to control date and time fields
    format when subscribing and publishing. VistaSource plans for a future
    release to add additional parameter to allow the display of time fields
    in local or GMT time. (7003291,7003294)

    * AxW Mail 6.0 now supports comments that contain parentheses in
    the "From" header. (7001134)

    * Improved filtering capabilities by integrating Anyware 2.2
    filters. (7002910)

    * Improved User Interface by updating icons on the main menu and
    application express lines. (7002918) (7003277) (7002919)

    * Upgraded to new Macrovision Libraries. (7003273)

    * Changed default gridline to solid in Spreadsheets. (7003302)

    * Fixed problem with opening file containing small numbers.
    (7003630)

    * The setting of *sslFactory.InsertServices is no longer required
    in the sfcapi.conf in order to Publish data using the RMDS SSL
    engine.(7003361)

    * SS_SAVE_AS@ is now saving with proper permissioning for
    non-native file types. (7003419)

    * Fixed licensing problem when starting up multiple realtime
    engines in a rapid manor. (7003420)

    * CTRL selection now working for Table widget in Builder
    application. (7003478, 7003563)

    Philip Wittamore
    Aposit
    http://www.aposit.com

  2. Re: [COMMERCIAL] Applixware 6.0 Released

    Philip Wittamore writes:

    >Applixware 6.0 has been released for x86 Linux.

    You mispelled "Solaris/x86".

    (Unless I misunderstood how in some way a Linux application
    can be a "Sun app")

    Casper
    be fiction rather than truth.

  3. Re: [COMMERCIAL] Applixware 6.0 Released

    Hello Casper,

    Mea culpa - we have released for both Sun Solaris and Linux,
    (AIX and Windows releases are forthcoming)

    My sincere apologies for posting the Linux release here.

    Philip

    Casper H.S. Dik wrote:
    > Philip Wittamore writes:
    >
    >> Applixware 6.0 has been released for x86 Linux.

    > You mispelled "Solaris/x86".
    >
    > (Unless I misunderstood how in some way a Linux application
    > can be a "Sun app")
    >
    > Casper

  4. Re: [COMMERCIAL] Applixware 6.0 Released

    Philip Wittamore writes:

    >Mea culpa - we have released for both Sun Solaris and Linux,
    >(AIX and Windows releases are forthcoming)

    Di you release just the Solaris SPARC or also a Solaris/x86
    version?

    Casper
    be fiction rather than truth.

  5. Re: [COMMERCIAL] Applixware 6.0 Released

    Hi Casper,

    We have released the Sparc version for now, we need to evaluate the
    Solaris x86 market - we would welcome any feedback.

    We did release for Solaris x86 many moons ago, but at that time sales
    did not merit the development effort.

    -Philip

    Casper H.S. Dik wrote:
    > Philip Wittamore writes:
    >
    >> Mea culpa - we have released for both Sun Solaris and Linux,
    >> (AIX and Windows releases are forthcoming)

    > Di you release just the Solaris SPARC or also a Solaris/x86
    > version?
    >
    > Casper

+ Reply to Thread