I recently moved from solaris 8 to solaris 9 on a U2, and reinstalled
SO 5..2 in order to archive and prune some mail from several years ago.

Everything seems to work just fine, except that many emails don't
display properly, when opened or previewed. Rather than seeing the
text, I get a one character wide column, on the far left, with what
looks like several characters all piled up upon each other. The text is
there - it can be copied and pasted into a text document, but won't
display.

It appears, from a preliminary survey, that the affected emails are all
text/plain. text/html and multi-part emails display just fine.

Has anyone seen this problem before? Any hints on what the problem
could be?

TIA