SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS
Vol 72 Issue 2 2004-02-09 Article 12274 from section "News"

Former Sun Co-founder, Andy Bechtolsheim, to Return to Sun

Sun plans to acquire Kealia Inc., a privately-held advanced server
technology company co-founded by Andy Bechtolsheim who was a co-founder
of Sun. This acquisition will bring to Sun computing technology that
directly applies to Sun's systems business, as well as bring
Bechtolsheim back to Sun.

"It is great to have Andy (Bechtolsheim) back home at Sun," said Scott
McNealy, chairman, chief executive officer and president, Sun. "We
started the company together while we were at Stanford University over
20 years ago and both of us could not be more excited about working
together again. The return of employee number one is 'back to the
future' for Sun Microsystems and marks the start of a new wave of
innovation at the company. Stay tuned."

Bechtolsheim was also vice president of technology from 1984 to 1995 at
Sun, where he held a range of roles including chief architect of Sun's
workstation product line.

"I am very excited about being back at Sun and working with Sun to bring
the next generation of volume servers, desktops and storage products to
market more quickly," said Bechtolsheim. "We will see some of the
biggest innovations in servers over the next few years and I look
forward to working with Sun to deliver this vision to the market."

Details at http://sun.systemnews.com/72/2/news/index.shtml#12274

Have a custom version of 'System News for Sun Users' delivered to you
via email each week in PDF, text or HTML. Only the sections that you
select will be included in your copy of the news magazine. Subscribe at
http://sun.systemnews.com/subscribe
(c) 2003 System News, Inc. http://www.systemnews.com