SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS
Vol 71 Issue 1 2004-01-05 Article 11871 from section "Hardware"

O-In Product Offerings Included with Assertion-Based Verification Suite

Sun has renewed the corporate license of 0-In Design Automation, and
will now include all 0-In product offerings along with its license for
0-In's Assertion-Based Verification (ABV) Suite. The decision is
attributed to the ABV Suite's success at improving the verification
process on projects throughout Sun.

"Since we originally licensed the 0-In products in 2000, they have seen
wide adoption throughout Sun's design and verification community," said
Shrenik Mehta, Sun's director of front-end technologies -- ASICs and
processors. "The 0-In tools have been used to help verify both ASIC
designs and UltraSPARC[R] microprocessor designs, resulting in
significantly faster time-to-market. We are pleased at the progress that
0-In has made in evolving and expanding their product line. We have
found their new static products valuable for verifying synchronization
across clock domain crossings and mutual exclusion for one-hot
multiplexers."

The 0-In Checklist provides detection capabilities for the improper
synchronization of signals that cross from one domain into another. The
solution automatically detects common RTL coding errors without the need
for simulation. The solution is also capable of detecting clock domain
crossing (CDC) errors through the use of static netlist-analysis
technology. By catching these hard-to-find errors, the 0-In Checklist
can identify errors that would occur in the manufactured chip when
independent clocks shift around arbitrarily.

Details at http://sun.systemnews.com/71/1/hw/index.shtml#11871

Have a custom version of 'System News for Sun Users' delivered to you
via email each week in PDF, text or HTML. Only the sections that you
select will be included in your copy of the news magazine. Subscribe at
http://sun.systemnews.com/subscribe
(c) 2003 System News, Inc. http://www.systemnews.com