SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS
Vol 70 Issue 2 2003-12-08 Article 11792 from section "News"

Vodafone Live! Customers Can Download Games to their Handsets

Vodafone has selected java.com, one of the leading consumer Web sites
dedicated to Java[TM] technology, to be a complementary showcase for its
range of Vodafone live! Java technology-based games.

java.com was developed in response to the popularity of Java software on
the desktop, mobile phones and PDAs. The site now provides a single,
central location that makes hundreds of popular Java technology-based
games available to Vodafone live! customers, potential customers and
consumers around the world. These games include "Tomb Raider: Osiris
Codex," "Tetris," and "Urban Freestyle Soccer." Current Vodafone live!
subscribers can download the games to their handsets using the easy Web
site instructions. This collaboration also benefits Java technology
mobile developers by giving them and their applications greater
visibility.

"We're delighted to have our consumer game offerings on java.com," said
Guy Laurence, global marketing director, Vodafone Global Product and
Content Services. "Through Sun and the java.com Web site, Vodafone will
be able to present its Vodafone live! games offerings to an even wider
audience and reach over six million monthly java.com visitors. The Java
platform delivers the power and functionality our customers want for
every time, everywhere game playing."

Details at http://sun.systemnews.com/70/2/news/index.shtml#11792

Have a custom version of 'System News for Sun Users' delivered to you
via email each week in PDF, text or HTML. Only the sections that you
select will be included in your copy of the news magazine. Subscribe at
http://sun.systemnews.com/subscribe
(c) 2003 System News, Inc. http://www.systemnews.com