SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS
Vol 70 Issue 1 2003-12-01 Article 11720 from section "Software"

Pre-Installed into the Mozilla[TM] Browser

Macromedia Flash Player 7 is now part of the Sun Java[TM] Desktop System
as a result of its being installed in the open-source browser
Mozilla[TM]. Users can view Flash content without the need to install
the player separately. The agreement behind this integration was
announced in Berlin at the SunNetwork[SM] 2003 Conference and Pavilion.

Application developers use the Macromedia Flex presentation server in
conjunction with Flash MX Professional 2004 to deliver rich, intuitive
user interfaces for enterprise applications based on the Java[TM] 2
Platform, Enterprise Edition (J2EE[TM]).

"Sun is redefining the desktop market with the introduction of Java
Desktop System, an integrated, familiar, secure desktop solution for the
enterprise market," said Jonathan Schwartz, executive vice president,
Software, Sun. "When we looked at the key media that needed to be
supported with our new desktop, it was very clear that the popularity of
Flash on the Web required integration. Rich multimedia content is a key
component of desktop experiences today; we are excited to see
Macromedia's endorsement of Sun's desktop offering and commitment of
providing one of the most popular media and interactive application
runtimes on our platform."

Details at http://sun.systemnews.com/70/1/sw/index.shtml#11720

Have a custom version of 'System News for Sun Users' delivered to you
via email each week in PDF, text or HTML. Only the sections that you
select will be included in your copy of the news magazine. Subscribe at
http://sun.systemnews.com/subscribe
(c) 2003 System News, Inc. http://www.systemnews.com