Hello All Experts,

May I ask if there is a difference in different editions of Solaris 10
handling physical memory allocation?

I have 2 database servers. One is using "Solaris 10 3/05 s10_74L2a
SPARC" and the other is using "Solaris 10 6/06 s10s_u2wos_09a SPARC".
They both run Oracle 10GR2 and have the same SGA/PGA configuration
from the Oracle side. The strange thing is that the "sleep" oracle
process in running the 3/05 will release the physical memory back to
the pool, but for the 6/06 one. For this reason, "TOP" only shows i
have only a couple hunderd MBs left for the 6/06 Solaris10 versus the
other one which has couple GBs left. Both machines have 16GB of
physical RAM.

I am trying to find out a way to prove it's not a Solaris problem to
our DBAs. I ran pmap of each oracle processes, each one of them did
take 1Gb of memory which our DBAs set for SGA. Can anyone of you
suggest if there is a way to prove that Oracle did take the 15GB of
physical RAM and hold it for itself to use?

Any help will be appreciated.