NIS error help - SUN

This is a discussion on NIS error help - SUN ; Current working directory /var/yp *** Error code 1 The following command caused the error: if [ ! 1 ]; then make -k all; \ else make -k all NOPUSH=1;fi make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `k' Error running Makefile. ...

  1. NIS error help

    Current working directory /var/yp
    *** Error code 1
    The following command caused the error:
    if [ ! 1 ]; then make -k all; \
    else make -k all NOPUSH=1;fi
    make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `k'
    Error running Makefile.
    How to fix this error.
    Any help would be great.
    Thanks

  2. Re: NIS error help

    learner writes:
    >Current working directory /var/yp
    >*** Error code 1
    >The following command caused the error:
    >if [ ! 1 ]; then make -k all; \
    >else make -k all NOPUSH=1;fi
    >make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `k'
    >Error running Makefile.
    >How to fix this error.
    >Any help would be great.

    What steps have you done so far in order to setup this NIS server?
    I assume this is the server you are working on? And not a client like
    the other post of yours?

  3. Re: NIS error help

    learner wrote:
    > Current working directory /var/yp
    > *** Error code 1
    > The following command caused the error:
    > if [ ! 1 ]; then make -k all; \
    > else make -k all NOPUSH=1;fi
    > make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `k'
    > Error running Makefile.
    > How to fix this error.
    > Any help would be great.
    > Thanks

    How did you get there? What step(s) preceded the error. What version
    of Solaris are you using and what platform are you running on!

  4. Re: NIS error help

    learner wrote:
    > Current working directory /var/yp
    > *** Error code 1
    > The following command caused the error:
    > if [ ! 1 ]; then make -k all; \
    > else make -k all NOPUSH=1;fi
    > make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `k'
    > Error running Makefile.
    > How to fix this error.
    > Any help would be great.
    > Thanks

    See: http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

  5. Re: NIS error help

    On Jun 7, 12:46 pm, "Richard B. Gilbert"
    wrote:
    > learner wrote:
    > > Current working directory /var/yp
    > > *** Error code 1
    > > The following command caused the error:
    > > if [ ! 1 ]; then make -k all; \
    > > else make -k all NOPUSH=1;fi
    > > make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `k'
    > > Error running Makefile.
    > > How to fix this error.
    > > Any help would be great.
    > > Thanks

    > See:http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

    these are the steps I followed:
    # domainname
    # domainname > /etc/defaultdomain (done uptil here)
    # cp /etc/nssswitch.files /etc/nsswitch.conf
    # vi /etc/nsswitch.conf (add a line hosts: files dns) ( in
    order resolve all the internet addresses and DNS)
    # mkdir /etc/nispw
    # chmod 700 /etc/nispw
    # grep `^root:/etc/shadow > /etc/nispw/shadow
    # grep `^root:/etc/passwd > /etc/nispw/shadow
    # vi /etc/passwd (delete non privileged ids)
    # vi /etc/shadow (delete non privileged ids)
    # cp /var/yp/Makfile /var/yp/Makefile.save
    # vi /var/yp/Makefile (change the PWDIR variable to the new path /etc/
    nispw)
    # /usr/sbin/ypint -m (-m means start Master)
    # cp /etc/nsswitch.nis /etc/nsswitch.conf
    # /usr/lib/netsvc/yp/ypstart
    # ypcat passwd (verify NIS server)
    Its a Solaris 10 box v490

+ Reply to Thread