vfstab nfs mounts not mounted automatic - SUN

This is a discussion on vfstab nfs mounts not mounted automatic - SUN ; Hello, In my vfstab I have a couple of nfs mounts. But after a reboot they are not mounted automatic ? I have to do : mount -a and then they are there. OS : Solaris 10 Sparc -------------- # ...

  1. vfstab nfs mounts not mounted automatic

    Hello,

    In my vfstab I have a couple of nfs mounts. But after a reboot they are
    not mounted automatic ? I have to do : mount -a and then they are there.

    OS : Solaris 10 Sparc
    --------------
    # NFS
    s1.domain.com:/export/server - /usr/local/folder1/server nfs - yes -
    s1.domain.com:/export/content - /usr/local/folder2/content nfs - yes -
    s1.domain.com:/export/docs/vi - /usr/local/folder3/docs/vi nfs - yes -
    -------------
    Why is this ? Is this a startup order problem with the nfs client ?

    This is really getting to be a problem, so I hope someone can give me a
    quick answer .....

    Thank you for any help.

    Greetings.... Richard

  2. Re: vfstab nfs mounts not mounted automatic

    "R.Smits" writes:

    > In my vfstab I have a couple of nfs mounts. But after a reboot they are
    > not mounted automatic ? I have to do : mount -a and then they are there.
    >
    > OS : Solaris 10 Sparc
    > --------------
    > # NFS
    > s1.domain.com:/export/server - /usr/local/folder1/server nfs - yes -
    > s1.domain.com:/export/content - /usr/local/folder2/content nfs - yes -
    > s1.domain.com:/export/docs/vi - /usr/local/folder3/docs/vi nfs - yes -
    > -------------
    > Why is this ? Is this a startup order problem with the nfs client ?

    Is the SMF service "nfs/client" running? If not, just enable it and your
    NFS mounts will be mounted after reboots.

    Sebastian

  3. Re: vfstab nfs mounts not mounted automatic

    Sebastian Hanigk wrote:
    > "R.Smits" writes:
    >
    >> In my vfstab I have a couple of nfs mounts. But after a reboot they are
    >> not mounted automatic ? I have to do : mount -a and then they are there.
    >>
    >> OS : Solaris 10 Sparc
    >> --------------
    >> # NFS
    >> s1.domain.com:/export/server - /usr/local/folder1/server nfs - yes -
    >> s1.domain.com:/export/content - /usr/local/folder2/content nfs - yes -
    >> s1.domain.com:/export/docs/vi - /usr/local/folder3/docs/vi nfs - yes -
    >> -------------
    >> Why is this ? Is this a startup order problem with the nfs client ?

    > Is the SMF service "nfs/client" running? If not, just enable it and your
    > NFS mounts will be mounted after reboots.

    Also see thread in http://www.opensolaris.org/jive/thre...threadID=25567

  4. Re: vfstab nfs mounts not mounted automatic

    Thommy M. Malmström wrote:
    > Sebastian Hanigk wrote:
    >> "R.Smits" writes:
    >>
    >>> In my vfstab I have a couple of nfs mounts. But after a reboot they are
    >>> not mounted automatic ? I have to do : mount -a and then they are
    >>> there.
    >>>
    >>> OS : Solaris 10 Sparc
    >>> --------------
    >>> # NFS
    >>> s1.domain.com:/export/server - /usr/local/folder1/server nfs - yes -
    >>> s1.domain.com:/export/content - /usr/local/folder2/content nfs - yes -
    >>> s1.domain.com:/export/docs/vi - /usr/local/folder3/docs/vi nfs - yes -
    >>> Why is this ? Is this a startup order problem with the nfs client ?

    >> Is the SMF service "nfs/client" running? If not, just enable it and your
    >> NFS mounts will be mounted after reboots.

    > Also see thread in
    > http://www.opensolaris.org/jive/thre...threadID=25567

    Thank you for the information. it was disabled. I think this solved my
    problem.

    Greetings... Richard

+ Reply to Thread