Compilation Problems on Solaris 10 - SUN

This is a discussion on Compilation Problems on Solaris 10 - SUN ; In light of the reminder, courtesy of C|Net, that DKIM is on the standards track, I decided I'd finally try adding DomainKeys signatures to my outgoing emails relayed through my Solaris 10 host. Currently, the host is running Sendmail 8.14.1 ...

  1. Compilation Problems on Solaris 10

    In light of the reminder, courtesy of C|Net, that DKIM is on the standards
    track, I decided I'd finally try adding DomainKeys signatures to my outgoing
    emails relayed through my Solaris 10 host. Currently, the host is running
    Sendmail 8.14.1 with libmilter (I'd had to build the milter support so that
    I could do MIMEDefang).

    So, I headed on over to SourceForge to download DK-milter 0.5.0. I modified
    the Makefile.m4's to reflect my environment and set about to compiling the
    DK milter. It appears to get most of the way through compilation (it creates
    the libdk.a, libsm.so and libar.so file), then dies at:

    Undefined first referenced
    symbol in file
    ar_cancelquery /Software/dk-milter-0.5.0/obj.SunOS.5.10.sun4/libdk/libdk.a
    ar_waitreply /Software/dk-milter-0.5.0/obj.SunOS.5.10.sun4/libdk/libdk.a
    ar_init /Software/dk-milter-0.5.0/obj.SunOS.5.10.sun4/libdk/libdk.a
    ar_addquery /Software/dk-milter-0.5.0/obj.SunOS.5.10.sun4/libdk/libdk.a
    ar_strerror /Software/dk-milter-0.5.0/obj.SunOS.5.10.sun4/libdk/libdk.a
    ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to dk-filter

    While doing the assemble of the actual dk-filter object.

    Environment:
    Solaris 10 06/06 plus patches
    GCC 3.4.3 from the "Solaris 10 Companion" CD
    Sendmail 8.14.1

    Any help is appreciated and I'm happy to provide any additional details that
    would help solve this.

    -tom
    --

    "You can only be -so- accurate with a claw-hammer." --me

  2. Re: Compilation Problems on Solaris 10

    Thomas H Jones II wrote:
    > In light of the reminder, courtesy of C|Net, that DKIM is on the standards
    > track, I decided I'd finally try adding DomainKeys signatures to my outgoing

    Why do you want to use DK when DKIM is a standard?

    > So, I headed on over to SourceForge to download DK-milter 0.5.0. I modified

    Get dkim-milter (currently at 0.8.0, soon at 1.0.0).

  3. Re: Compilation Problems on Solaris 10

    In article ,
    Claus Assmann wrote:
    >Thomas H Jones II wrote:
    >> In light of the reminder, courtesy of C|Net, that DKIM is on the standards
    >> track, I decided I'd finally try adding DomainKeys signatures to my outgoing

    >Why do you want to use DK when DKIM is a standard?

    Followed a link from a "How To" guide.

    >> So, I headed on over to SourceForge to download DK-milter 0.5.0. I modified

    >Get dkim-milter (currently at 0.8.0, soon at 1.0.0).

    Ok, cool. I'll check that to see if it's a bit more co-operative.

    Just out of curiosity, has Yahoo already changed over to DKIM or are they
    still on DK? One of the links I'd read said they were still doing DK.

    -tom
    --

    "You can only be -so- accurate with a claw-hammer." --me

+ Reply to Thread