recovery CD - SUN

This is a discussion on recovery CD - SUN ; Hi, I'm trying to create a custom recovery CD with a TSM client inserted into the CD, I am following the procedure in http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/content/...covery_cd.html but even if I just extract all the slices and then create an ISO ( i.e. ...

  1. recovery CD

    Hi,

    I'm trying to create a custom recovery CD with a TSM client inserted
    into the CD, I am following the procedure in

    http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/content/...covery_cd.html

    but even if I just extract all the slices and then create an ISO ( i.e.
    with out installing my TSM client I get

    # mkisofs -R -d -L -l -sparc-boot s1,s2,s3,s4,s5 -o sol9_boot5.iso .

    mkisofs: The option '-L' is reserved by POSIX.1-2001.
    mkisofs: The option '-L' means 'follow all symbolic links'.
    mkisofs: Mkisofs-2.02 will introduce POSIX semantics for '-L'.
    mkisofs: Use -allow-leading-dots in future to get old mkisofs behavior.
    Warning: creating filesystem that does not conform to ISO-9660.
    Using DRV000 for ./rr_moved/drv (drv)
    Using DRV001 for ./rr_moved/drv (drv)
    Using KEYTABLES000 for ./rr_moved/keytables (keytables)
    Using FONTS000 for ./rr_moved/fonts (fonts)
    ----cut
    And iso is created but nero reports errors and so does other ISO
    programs. Is the warning line normal or is this my problem ? if not
    what is.

    I have followed the procedure to the letter including foldernames and
    I'm using a Sol9_u8 1 of 2 CD.

    Your help is appreciated.

    Paul

  2. Re: recovery CD

    On Tue, 22 May 2007, me wrote:

[...]

    Maybe Nero and others are too stupid to read a Rockridge disk..
    Why would you want to? Its a SPARC boot CD.

    I use mkisofs -v -R -D -V "ArbitraryString${version}" -o image.iso s0
    Im not sure using "." is a good idea.
    I have s0-s6 all in the same directory and call mkisofs from "."

    :I have followed the procedure to the letter including foldernames and
    :I'm using a Sol9_u8 1 of 2 CD.

    Folders? Ieeeh! Some BigAdmin articles seem to have unverified by
    Sun suggestions, contain typos, etc. Dont take them as gospel.
    Having said that I havent looked this particular one : >

+ Reply to Thread