Sparc64 performance & stability? - SUN

This is a discussion on Sparc64 performance & stability? - SUN ; Hi All, Has anyone ever worked or known any problems/issues on Sun SPARC64 M5000 server? I know this technology is belonged to Fujitsu & Sun just branded, and I already read the white paper on this sparc64 line, but I ...

  1. Sparc64 performance & stability?

    Hi All,

    Has anyone ever worked or known any problems/issues on Sun SPARC64
    M5000 server? I know this technology is belonged to Fujitsu & Sun
    just branded, and I already read the white paper on this sparc64 line,
    but I want to know the actual experience from the users. Does anyone
    know if it has any performance, stability & other issues. Also, does
    any know whether if Sun is going to commit on sparc64 line for as a
    long term strategy or this is just a temporary before they come out
    the rock chip. Any inputs/info are greatly appreciated.

    TIA,
    -Chris

  2. Re: Sparc64 performance & stability?

    I'm not sure about the M5000 specifically, but we currently run quite
    a few Fujitsu PrimePower servers, from the 250 all the way up to the
    850 series. They are superior to the equivelant Sun servers and lot
    lot less expensive, plus they seem to be very reliable and stable.
    The 850 system we have is a 16-way with 64GB of RAM. We migrated this
    system from a SunFire 6800 that was running 24x900MHz and 24GB RAM on
    a single domain. The system runs an Oracle database (over 5
    terabytes) with SAP.

+ Reply to Thread