services - limited network connectivity - SUN

This is a discussion on services - limited network connectivity - SUN ; I found a command that I ran last week that shut down most of the network services on my Solaris 10 server. The only way to reach the box after running this command is with ssh. It seems like it ...

  1. services - limited network connectivity

    I found a command that I ran last week that shut down most of the
    network services on my Solaris 10 server. The only way to reach the
    box after running this command is with ssh. It seems like it was
    called something like "limited network connectivity". and there was
    another one call "open network connectivity"

    I need to undo my lock down. anybody know what I'm talking about?

    Thanks,
    Robert

  2. Re: services - limited network connectivity

    On Apr 27, 6:36 pm, engineer10325 wrote:
    > I found a command that I ran last week that shut down most of the
    > network services on my Solaris 10 server. The only way to reach the
    > box after running this command is with ssh. It seems like it was
    > called something like "limited network connectivity". and there was
    > another one call "open network connectivity"

    You ran 'netservices limited'. To open everything up, run
    'netservices open'.

    Use 'svcadm' to turn individual services on and off.

    OttoM.
    __
    ottomeister

+ Reply to Thread