Booting FC5 from Solaris 10 GRUB - SUN

This is a discussion on Booting FC5 from Solaris 10 GRUB - SUN ; Hi every one I have installed solaris in my hp system which had Windows XP and Fedora core5. After installing the solaris 10 i could not find the fedora grub menu. It directly comes from solaris grub menu. I think ...

  1. Booting FC5 from Solaris 10 GRUB

    Hi every one

    I have installed solaris in my hp system which had Windows XP and
    Fedora core5. After installing the solaris 10 i could not find the
    fedora grub menu. It directly comes from solaris grub menu.

    I think the installtion overwrites the fedora grub menu. This is my
    menu.lst

    #
    #---------- ADDED BY BOOTADM - DO NOT EDIT ----------
    title Solaris 10 11/06 s10x_u3wos_10 X86
    root (hd0,2,a)
    kernel /platform/i86pc/multiboot
    module /platform/i86pc/boot_archive
    #---------------------END BOOTADM--------------------
    #---------- ADDED BY BOOTADM - DO NOT EDIT ----------
    title Solaris failsafe
    root (hd0,2,a)
    kernel /boot/multiboot kernel/unix -s
    module /boot/x86.miniroot-safe
    #---------------------END BOOTADM--------------------

    title Windows
    rootnoverify (hd0,0)
    chainloader +1

    # Unknown partition of type 15 found on /dev/rdsk/c1d0p0 partition: 2
    # It maps to the GRUB device: (hd0,1) .

    1.Is there any other way to boot my Fedora core 5
    2.Do you know any pdf viewer for Solaris 10 X86 System.(built in pdf
    viewer is not good)
    3.In my system setenv,xorgconfig commands is not working, even i can
    see the exectables and packages in my system.

    Thanks in advance

  2. Re: Booting FC5 from Solaris 10 GRUB

    On 26 Apr 2007 21:51:40 -0700
    Pandi K wrote:

    > Hi every one
    >
    > I have installed solaris in my hp system which had Windows XP and
    > Fedora core5. After installing the solaris 10 i could not find the
    > fedora grub menu. It directly comes from solaris grub menu.
    >
    > I think the installtion overwrites the fedora grub menu. This is my
    > menu.lst
    >
    > #
    > #---------- ADDED BY BOOTADM - DO NOT EDIT ----------
    > title Solaris 10 11/06 s10x_u3wos_10 X86
    > root (hd0,2,a)
    > kernel /platform/i86pc/multiboot
    > module /platform/i86pc/boot_archive
    > #---------------------END BOOTADM--------------------
    > #---------- ADDED BY BOOTADM - DO NOT EDIT ----------
    > title Solaris failsafe
    > root (hd0,2,a)
    > kernel /boot/multiboot kernel/unix -s
    > module /boot/x86.miniroot-safe
    > #---------------------END BOOTADM--------------------
    >
    > title Windows
    > rootnoverify (hd0,0)
    > chainloader +1
    >
    > # Unknown partition of type 15 found on /dev/rdsk/c1d0p0 partition: 2
    > # It maps to the GRUB device: (hd0,1) .
    >
    > 1.Is there any other way to boot my Fedora core 5
    > 2.Do you know any pdf viewer for Solaris 10 X86 System.(built in pdf
    > viewer is not good)
    > 3.In my system setenv,xorgconfig commands is not working, even i can
    > see the exectables and packages in my system.
    >

    > Thanks in advance

    Hi
    Have a look here;
    http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/features...ot_laptop.html

    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
    SLED 10.0 x86_64 Kernel 2.6.16.27-0.9-smp