Sun Fire X4600 and root password - SUN

This is a discussion on Sun Fire X4600 and root password - SUN ; Hi, I have a little problem with the root password on a Sun Fire X4600. I changed the password for the SP to '12345'. Now I can log in with this password. The problem is, the default password 'changeme' is ...

  1. Sun Fire X4600 and root password

    Hi,

    I have a little problem with the root password on a Sun Fire X4600. I
    changed the password for the SP to '12345'. Now I can log in with this
    password. The problem is, the default password 'changeme' is still
    working. Any solution?

  2. Re: Sun Fire X4600 and root password

    Stefan Versick writes:

    >Hi,

    >I have a little problem with the root password on a Sun Fire X4600. I
    >changed the password for the SP to '12345'. Now I can log in with this
    >password. The problem is, the default password 'changeme' is still
    >working. Any solution?

    The SP or Solaris root password? They are seperate entities.

    Casper

  3. Re: Sun Fire X4600 and root password

    Casper H.S. Dik wrote:
    > Stefan Versick writes:
    >
    >> Hi,

    >> I have a little problem with the root password on a Sun Fire X4600. I
    >> changed the password for the SP to '12345'. Now I can log in with this
    >> password. The problem is, the default password 'changeme' is still
    >> working. Any solution?

    > The SP or Solaris root password? They are seperate entities.
    >
    > Casper

    The Service Processor password

  4. Re: Sun Fire X4600 and root password

    Stefan Versick writes:

    >Casper H.S. Dik wrote:
    >> Stefan Versick writes:
    >>
    >>> Hi,

    >>> I have a little problem with the root password on a Sun Fire X4600. I
    >>> changed the password for the SP to '12345'. Now I can log in with this
    >>> password. The problem is, the default password 'changeme' is still
    >>> working. Any solution?

    >> The SP or Solaris root password? They are seperate entities.
    >>
    >> Casper

    >The Service Processor password

    And the new password works too for the service processor?

    Strange (not something I observe)

    Casper
    be fiction rather than truth.

  5. Re: Sun Fire X4600 and root password

    Casper H.S. Dik wrote:
    > Stefan Versick writes:
    >
    >> Casper H.S. Dik wrote:

    >>> The SP or Solaris root password? They are seperate entities.
    >>>
    >>> Casper

    >> The Service Processor password

    > And the new password works too for the service processor?
    >
    > Strange (not something I observe)

    Yes, the new password worked too.
    But I didn't see that there was a new firmware update. Installing it
    solved the problem.

+ Reply to Thread