simple scripting questions - SUN

This is a discussion on simple scripting questions - SUN ; Hi All, I have 2 simple questions & hope someone don't mind to answer them if you do: 1. Can we use global variable in korn shell? I know it works for perl, but not sure if it can be ...

  1. simple scripting questions

    Hi All,

    I have 2 simple questions & hope someone don't mind to answer them if
    you do:

    1. Can we use global variable in korn shell? I know it works for
    perl,
    but not sure if it can be done the same thing as korn/bourne shell.

    2. Would this line of code below be fine? My main concern is passing
    variable & quoting.

    CheckDataset=`sqlplus -s $connect_string << EOF
    set pagesize 0 feedback off verify off
    heading
    off echo off
    SELECT c_first, ......;
    EXIT;
    EOF`
    TIA,
    -Chris

  2. Re: simple scripting questions

    On 2007-04-21, lazyboy_2k@yahoo.com wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I have 2 simple questions & hope someone don't mind to answer them if
    > you do:
    >
    > 1. Can we use global variable in korn shell?

    comp.unix.shell

    --
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those
    who know little, not those who know much, who so positively assert that this

+ Reply to Thread