Sendmail: want "@domain.com" not "@hostname.domain.com" - SUN

This is a discussion on Sendmail: want "@domain.com" not "@hostname.domain.com" - SUN ; Hi all. I'm configuring sendmail, and I want to confiure it to where it will not include the hostname on the server I'm on when it sends a mail to the relay. Before: In my hosts file I have: 172.30.10.80 ...

  1. Sendmail: want "@domain.com" not "@hostname.domain.com"

    Hi all. I'm configuring sendmail, and I want to confiure it to where
    it will not include the hostname on the server I'm on when it sends a
    mail to the relay.

    Before: In my hosts file I have:
    172.30.10.80 myHostname1_ce2 myHostname1 myHostname1_orb
    myHostname1.myDomain.com myHostname1.

    Before: In the /etc/mail/local-host-names file I have:
    myDomain.com

    Before: When I run the /usr/lib/mail/sh/check-hostname command I get:
    Hostname utsocs1 OK: fully qualified as ocs1.onenet.an

    Before: And when I test the mail, it comes from:
    >>> MAIL From:

    I understand all of that. The problem is when I remove the
    "myHostname1" from the /etc/hosts file, everything else seems like it
    should work, but doesn't. The ".com" is missing when I try to send the
    mail and the mail relay rejects it.

    After: In my hosts file I have:
    172.30.10.80 myHostname1_ce2 myHostname1 myHostname1_orb
    myDomain.com myHostname1.

    After: In the /etc/mail/local-host-names file I have:
    myDomain.com

    After: When I run the /usr/lib/mail/sh/check-hostname command I get:
    Hostname utsocs1 OK: fully qualified as myDomain.com

    After: And when I test the mail, it comes from:
    >>> MAIL From:

    Any idea how I get around this????? It's driving me kind of crazy.

    Thanks,
    Ben..

  2. Re: Sendmail: want "@domain.com" not "@hostname.domain.com"

    bozothedeathmachine writes:
    > Hi all. I'm configuring sendmail, and I want to confiure it to where
    > it will not include the hostname on the server I'm on when it sends a
    > mail to the relay.

    [...]
    > After: And when I test the mail, it comes from:

    > Any idea how I get around this????? It's driving me kind of crazy.

    What you want is called "masquerading".

    Check the Sendmail documentation and the Sun docs about configuring
    Sendmail about:

    FEATURE(`masquerade_envelope')
    FEATURE(`masquerade_entire_domain')

+ Reply to Thread