Help: generic_limited_net.xml - SUN

This is a discussion on Help: generic_limited_net.xml - SUN ; I was attempting to get ntp going on my Sun Solaris 10. I came across a page that suggested: # svccfg apply /var/svc/profile/generic_limited_net.xml so I ran it. now I can't reach the box (telnet, ssh, etc) How do I recover? ...

  1. Help: generic_limited_net.xml

    I was attempting to get ntp going on my Sun Solaris 10. I came across
    a page that suggested:

    # svccfg apply /var/svc/profile/generic_limited_net.xml

    so I ran it. now I can't reach the box (telnet, ssh, etc)

    How do I recover?

    Thanks,
    Robert

  2. Re: Help: generic_limited_net.xml

    engineer10325 wrote:
    > I was attempting to get ntp going on my Sun Solaris 10. I came across
    > a page that suggested:
    >
    > # svccfg apply /var/svc/profile/generic_limited_net.xml
    >
    > so I ran it. now I can't reach the box (telnet, ssh, etc)

    To get back to the post-installation default, run:

    svccfg apply /var/svc/profile/generic_open.xml

    To enable ntp, create a /etc/inet/ntp.conf file, and then enable
    the service with:

    svcadm enable svc:/network/ntp:default

    hth,

    mp.
    --
    Systems Administrator | Institute of Scientific Computing | Univ. of Vienna
    | http://www.par.univie.ac.at/solaris/pca/
    Patch Check Advanced | Analyze, download and install patches for Sun Solaris

+ Reply to Thread