  1. Solaris 9 and email

    I'm setting up HP Openview on a Solaris 9 box. One of HPOVs features
    is it can send alarm notifications via email. I've got an email
    account with my DSL connnection @sbcglobal.net (POP3 and SMTP). I've
    never set up email on a solaris box before. How hard is it?

    Thanks,
    Robert

  2. Re: Solaris 9 and email

    On 2007-04-18 19:33:31 +0100, engineer10325 said:

    > I've
    > never set up email on a solaris box before. How hard is it?

    Easy if you are used to driving sendmail-based mail systems.

  3. Re: Solaris 9 and email

    engineer10325 wrote:

    > account with my DSL connnection @sbcglobal.net (POP3 and SMTP). I've
    > never set up email on a solaris box before. How hard is it?

    Depends on your LAN config and what you have to do to get mail out. It
    can be as simple as creating an entry for "mailhost" in /etc/hosts
    (/etc/inet/ipnodes) and pointing it at your SMTP relay (using the
    default sendmail.cf) or it can mean creating a whole new sendmail.cf
    using the m4 macros.

  4. Re: Solaris 9 and email

    Tim Bradshaw wrote:
    > On 2007-04-18 19:33:31 +0100, engineer10325 said:
    >
    >> I've
    >> never set up email on a solaris box before. How hard is it?

    > Easy if you are used to driving sendmail-based mail systems.

    if you want to send an email from a script I found the utility sendEmail
    brilliant.

    Cheers
    Paul

+ Reply to Thread