Liveupgrade and Zones - SUN

This is a discussion on Liveupgrade and Zones - SUN ; I'm seeing conflicting information and possibly old documentation, so some clarification would be very handy. If I've got a Solaris 10 box with non-global zones on it, can I use LU to do patching/upgrades? Assume that it's the latest release ...

  1. Liveupgrade and Zones

    I'm seeing conflicting information and possibly old documentation,
    so some clarification would be very handy.

    If I've got a Solaris 10 box with non-global zones on it, can I
    use LU to do patching/upgrades? Assume that it's the latest release
    with reasonably current patches.

    If not, anyone got any clue at all whether LU will be updated to
    work with zones, and if so what sort of timeframe we're looking at?

    Thanks.

    Matt

  2. Re: Liveupgrade and Zones

    Matt McLeod wrote:
    > I'm seeing conflicting information and possibly old documentation,
    > so some clarification would be very handy.

    Never mind. Our Sun account rep reckons there's a fix and that
    it'll be in the mid-year update.

    Matt

  3. Re: Liveupgrade and Zones

    matt@boggle.org (Matt McLeod) writes:
    > Matt McLeod wrote:
    > > I'm seeing conflicting information and possibly old documentation,
    > > so some clarification would be very handy.

    > Never mind. Our Sun account rep reckons there's a fix and that
    > it'll be in the mid-year update.

    That's about right. The next update has this feature. Solaris Nevada
    has it now.

    --
    James Carlson, Solaris Networking