vxconfigd dumps core - SUN

This is a discussion on vxconfigd dumps core - SUN ; I'm in a real bind and I'm hoping someone can help. I was adding mirrors and log plexes without issue until "vxassist addlog rootvol" and now vxconfigd dumped core and won't come back up (continues to dump core). Debug output ...

  1. vxconfigd dumps core

    I'm in a real bind and I'm hoping someone can help. I was adding
    mirrors and log plexes without issue until "vxassist addlog rootvol"
    and now vxconfigd dumped core and won't come back up (continues to
    dump core).

    Debug output of vxconfigd shows:

    DEBUG: IMPORT(rootdg): Rebalance configuration copies
    DEBUG: IOCTL KLOG_DGERRLIST dgiid=0.1 drid=0.1 size=0: return 0(0x0)
    DEBUG: IOCTL KLOG_DGERRLIST dgiid=0.1 drid=0.1 size=0: return 0(0x0)
    DEBUG: disk_name_convert: c0t1d0s2 (0, 1, 0, 2)
    DEBUG: ncopy_node_insert: creating C node: 0
    DEBUG: ncopy_node_insert: creating T node: 1
    DEBUG: ncopy_node_insert: creating D node: 0
    DEBUG: ncopy_node_insert: adding DA node: 0xb6560
    Segmentation Fault(coredump)

    Any ideas? I'll take anything at this point since the version on this
    server is no longer supported :-( The system is still functioning,
    but any reboot and I'm sure vxvm won't come back up...

  2. Re: vxconfigd dumps core

    On Apr 6, 7:27 pm, "Jim Leonard" wrote:
    > I'm in a real bind and I'm hoping someone can help. I was adding
    > mirrors and log plexes without issue until "vxassist addlog rootvol"
    > and now vxconfigd dumped core and won't come back up (continues to
    > dump core).
    >
    > Debug output of vxconfigd shows:
    >
    > DEBUG: IMPORT(rootdg): Rebalance configuration copies
    > DEBUG: IOCTL KLOG_DGERRLIST dgiid=0.1 drid=0.1 size=0: return 0(0x0)
    > DEBUG: IOCTL KLOG_DGERRLIST dgiid=0.1 drid=0.1 size=0: return 0(0x0)
    > DEBUG: disk_name_convert: c0t1d0s2 (0, 1, 0, 2)
    > DEBUG: ncopy_node_insert: creating C node: 0
    > DEBUG: ncopy_node_insert: creating T node: 1
    > DEBUG: ncopy_node_insert: creating D node: 0
    > DEBUG: ncopy_node_insert: adding DA node: 0xb6560
    > Segmentation Fault(coredump)
    >
    > Any ideas? I'll take anything at this point since the version on this
    > server is no longer supported :-( The system is still functioning,
    > but any reboot and I'm sure vxvm won't come back up...

    Why are you so sure it wont come back up after a reboot ? I'd do that.
    Keep in mind that you can always boot out of vxvm in case you need to
    debug further. BTW what version of vxvm is this ..?

  3. Re: vxconfigd dumps core

    On Apr 6, 8:59 pm, "Kalyan Manchikanti"
    wrote:
    > Why are you so sure it wont come back up after a reboot?

    Because it's rootdg that it can't import.

    > Keep in mind that you can always boot out of vxvm in case you need to
    > debug further. BTW what version of vxvm is this ..?

    SUNWvxvm (yes, I know...)

  4. Re: vxconfigd dumps core

    On Apr 6, 11:29 pm, "Jim Leonard" wrote:
    > On Apr 6, 8:59 pm, "Kalyan Manchikanti"
    > wrote:
    >
    > > Why are you so sure it wont come back up after a reboot?

    > Because it's rootdg that it can't import.
    >
    > > Keep in mind that you can always boot out of vxvm in case you need to
    > > debug further. BTW what version of vxvm is this ..?

    > SUNWvxvm (yes, I know...)

    How are you starting vxconfigd ? Do a "vxconfigd -k" to kill any old
    vxconfigd's and restart it..I checked on sunsolve for a few of these
    old versions and there are some cases of vxconfigd dumping core after
    some trivial operations but none of them have a work around or
    solution..

+ Reply to Thread