Disable ttya probe on power up - SUN

This is a discussion on Disable ttya probe on power up - SUN ; I have Blade-150 running Solaris-9 with UPS connected on ttya. The system does not boot with the UPS connected on ttya, but the system boots normally and UPS shutdown operation is OK if ttya is connected after bootup. Is there ...

  1. Disable ttya probe on power up

    I have Blade-150 running Solaris-9 with UPS connected on ttya.

    The system does not boot with the UPS connected on ttya, but the
    system boots normally and UPS shutdown operation is OK if ttya is
    connected after bootup.

    Is there a way to inhibit power-up/reset probe on ttya?

    THANK YOU for your assistance.

  2. Re: Disable ttya probe on power up

    On Apr 6, 6:25 pm, jimle...@dorsai.org wrote:

    > Is there a way to inhibit power-up/reset probe on ttya?

    Where is the console of this Blade 150? If you have a local keyboard
    connected,
    the OBP should not do anything on ttya.

    Make sure that your console is not redirected to ttya:

    # eeprom | grep put-device
    output-device=screen
    input-device=keyboard

    Othmar