Backup server outside of clusters? - SUN

This is a discussion on Backup server outside of clusters? - SUN ; Hi All, I have 3 node vcs clusters & don't want a tape library attached to any of a cluster server. So, I'm wondering that is there a way to configure a backup server outside of a vcs cluster to ...

  1. Backup server outside of clusters?

    Hi All,

    I have 3 node vcs clusters & don't want a tape library attached to any
    of a cluster server. So, I'm wondering that is there a way to
    configure a backup server outside of a vcs cluster to backup all of my
    servers? Any ideas/suggestions are appreciated.

    TIA,
    -Chris

  2. Re: Backup server outside of clusters?

    On Jan 28, 7:51 pm, "lazyboy...@yahoo.com"
    wrote:

    > I have 3 node vcs clusters & don't want a tape library attached to any
    > of a cluster server. So, I'm wondering that is there a way to
    > configure a backup server outside of a vcs cluster to backup all of my
    > servers? Any ideas/suggestions are appreciated.

    Any of the serious backup systems - NetBackup, Lagato (resold by Sun
    under various names), etc will allow this kind of configuration.
    Typically there is one or more system which drives the backups
    (schedules them etc), one or more system which provides media, and a
    number of clients. Some or all of these can be the same box. In your
    case you probably want the cluster machines to be backup clients.

    --tim

+ Reply to Thread