soalris 10 up arrow key help? - SUN

This is a discussion on soalris 10 up arrow key help? - SUN ; Need some help enabling the up return key when in a term window. So tha i might be able to review old cmd's. thankx. -- pjgonz ----------------------------------------------------------------------- pjgonza's Profile: http://unixadmintalk.com/46 View this thread: http://unixadmintalk.com/showthread.php?t=25487...

  1. soalris 10 up arrow key help?

    --
    pjgonz
    pjgonza's Profile: http://unixadmintalk.com/46
    View this thread: http://unixadmintalk.com/showthread.php?t=25487

  2. Re: soalris 10 up arrow key help?

    On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 22:56:18 +0100, pjgonza wrote:

    >Need some help enabling the up return key when in a term window. So that
    >i might be able to review old cmd's.
    >thankx..

    I need the same thing.
    thanxxxxsssssxxxxxxxsss!!!!xxx

    >--
    >pjgonza

    Barry
    =====
    Home page
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og

  3. Re: soalris 10 up arrow key help?

    On Thu, 14 Dec 2006, Barry OGrady wrote:

    > >Need some help enabling the up return key when in a term window. So that
    > >i might be able to review old cmd's.
    > >thankx..

    > I need the same thing.
    > thanxxxxsssssxxxxxxxsss!!!!xxx

    How to do this is shell-dependant, and described in the shell's
    man page. (Personally I prefer ksh, with its vi editing keys...)

    --
    Rich Teer, SCNA, SCSA, SCSECA, OpenSolaris CAB member

    . * * . * .* .
    . * . .*
    President, * . . /\ ( . . *
    Rite Online Inc. . . / .\ . * .
    .*. / * \ . .
    . /* o \ .
    Voice: +1 (250) 979-1638 * '''||''' .

  4. Re: soalris 10 up arrow key help?

    When ever you login to the shell prompt of Solaris, type bash and pres
    enter to enter in to Bash shell as bash shell has the feature o
    remembering past commands that you were used on bash shell t
    execute....

    If you have any other specific explanation, pleas
    let me know.

    Thank you

    Bugudi..

    --
    Bugud
    Bugudi's Profile: http://unixadmintalk.com/58

  5. Re: soalris 10 up arrow key help?

    On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 09:00:28 +0100, Bugudi wrote:

    >When ever you login to the shell prompt of Solaris, type bash and press
    >enter to enter in to Bash shell as bash shell has the feature of
    >remembering past commands that you were used on bash shell to
    >execute....

    That works. Thanks.
    Is there a way to change keymap so it works otherwise?

    >If you have any other specific explanation, please
    >let me know.
    >

    >Thank you
    >
    >Bugudi...

    Barry
    =====
    Home page
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og

  6. Re: soalris 10 up arrow key help?

    Bugudi wrote:
    > When ever you login to the shell prompt of Solaris, type bash and press
    > enter to enter in to Bash shell as bash shell has the feature of
    > remembering past commands that you were used on bash shell to
    > execute....
    >

    > If you have any other specific explanation, please
    > let me know.
    >

    > Thank you
    >
    > Bugudi...

    Also works with zsh if you prefer. type "zsh"

    Change your default login shell to bash or zsh (except if you are root).

    John

  7. Re: soalris 10 up arrow key help?

    John Doe wrote:
    > Bugudi wrote:
    > > When ever you login to the shell prompt of Solaris, type bash and press
    > > enter to enter in to Bash shell as bash shell has the feature of
    > > remembering past commands that you were used on bash shell to
    > > execute....
    > >

    > > If you have any other specific explanation, please
    > > let me know.
    > >

    > > Thank you
    > >
    > > Bugudi...
    > >

    > Also works with zsh if you prefer. type "zsh"
    >
    > Change your default login shell to bash or zsh (except if you are root).
    >
    > John

    Along with that you might try this link at
    http://www.softpanorama.org/Scriptin...ama/bash.shtml

    --
    Raqueeb Hassan
    Bangladesh