Where to get software for storedge a1000 ? - SUN

This is a discussion on Where to get software for storedge a1000 ? - SUN ; Dear Sun users, I recently bought a used Sun Storedge A100 external RAID. During studiing the documentation I found that I need the RAID Manager 6.1.1 or newer for configuration. Does someone know where to get the software (is there ...

  1. Where to get software for storedge a1000 ?

    Dear Sun users,

    I recently bought a used Sun Storedge A100 external RAID.
    During studiing the documentation I found that I need the
    RAID Manager 6.1.1 or newer for configuration.
    Does someone know where to get the software (is there a link at Sun
    or do I have to buy it somewhere ?).
    Are there any alternatives or can I handle the configuration with
    Solaris 10 tools or via serial port ?

    Hoping for any help & best regards,

    Daniel

  2. Re: Where to get software for storedge a1000 ?

    In article <1151656288.588745.150170@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups. com>,
    "Daniel Wetzler" wrote:

    > Dear Sun users,
    >
    > I recently bought a used Sun Storedge A100 external RAID.
    > During studiing the documentation I found that I need the
    > RAID Manager 6.1.1 or newer for configuration.
    > Does someone know where to get the software (is there a link at Sun
    > or do I have to buy it somewhere ?).
    > Are there any alternatives or can I handle the configuration with
    > Solaris 10 tools or via serial port ?
    >
    > Hoping for any help & best regards,
    >
    > Daniel

    I've heard it's not supported on Solaris 10, only Solaris 9 or earlier.
    Put the array on a Solaris 9 box, use RM6 to configure the RAID'ed LUNS
    and move it to Solaris 10.