capturing output of top command in solaris?? - SUN

This is a discussion on capturing output of top command in solaris?? - SUN ; I want to capture the output of TOP command in a file over a period time on solaris with some delay. I want to avoid re-launching the TOP and redirecting the same,in a while loop as i don't get IDLE ...

  1. capturing output of top command in solaris??

    I want to capture the output of TOP command in a file over a period
    time on solaris with some delay. I want to avoid re-launching the TOP
    and redirecting the same,in a while loop as i don't get IDLE cpu in
    that.

    i tried following:

    while true
    do
    top >> t.log
    sleep 10
    done;

  2. Re: capturing output of top command in solaris??

    linux_bp wrote:
    > I want to capture the output of TOP command in a file over a period
    > time on solaris with some delay. I want to avoid re-launching the TOP
    > and redirecting the same,in a while loop as i don't get IDLE cpu in
    > that.
    >
    > i tried following:
    >
    > while true
    > do
    > top >> t.log
    > sleep 10
    > done;

    You could try "sysstat -c 10 > t.log". Maybe this will give you even
    more information than top...

    You can get sysstat here: http://www.maier-komor.de/sysstat.html

    HTH,
    Tom