How to configure a BenQ DVD+RW to works with my Solaris 10 x86 box? - SUN

This is a discussion on How to configure a BenQ DVD+RW to works with my Solaris 10 x86 box? - SUN ; I had installed Sun Solaris 10 x86 3/05 in a box x86 and I have an DVD+RW installed in it. If I attempt to configure this device to works with Solaris (via Java Desktop System) the system no recognizes it. ...

  1. How to configure a BenQ DVD+RW to works with my Solaris 10 x86 box?

    I had installed Sun Solaris 10 x86 3/05 in a box x86 and I have an
    DVD+RW installed in it. If I attempt to configure this device to works
    with Solaris (via Java Desktop System) the system no recognizes it.

    I need to configure it to work with backups and to burn data-DVDs.

    Any suggestion?

    Note: BenQ doesn't have support to Solaris.

  2. Re: How to configure a BenQ DVD+RW to works with my Solaris 10 x86 box?

    fabian.juarez@gmail.com wrote:
    > I had installed Sun Solaris 10 x86 3/05 in a box x86 and I have an
    > DVD+RW installed in it. If I attempt to configure this device to works
    > with Solaris (via Java Desktop System) the system no recognizes it.
    >
    > I need to configure it to work with backups and to burn data-DVDs.
    >
    > Any suggestion?

    I think you will have to tell more details for us to be able to help
    you

    How is this drive connected ? IDE ? SCSI ? USB ?

    USB support is evolving and if thats the problem you should try
    the 6/06
    solaris 10 release thats downloadable next week.
    I would not run the 3/05 release anymore anyway.

    //Lars

+ Reply to Thread