How do you add /home /prj /mounts? - SUN

This is a discussion on How do you add /home /prj /mounts? - SUN ; Hello: I am in the sustaining group. The system administrators must focus their time on the R&D groups. So when the hard drive of my Ultra 1 died I had to learn. I installed Solaris 8. I can telnet into ...

  1. How do you add /home /prj /mounts?

    Hello:

    I am in the sustaining group. The system administrators must focus
    their time on the R&D
    groups. So when the hard drive of my Ultra 1 died I had to learn. I
    installed Solaris 8.
    I can telnet into it. I can login if I am root. Otherwise I have no
    home. I changed vfstab to
    be identical to another Ultra 1's, but it still does not have a home. I
    looked at another
    old Ultra 1. I had Solaris 6, Sunos 5.6 installed. That one no changes
    to /etc/vfstab, but it
    still worked! These version of Unix are different? Must I change more
    than /etc/vfstab?
    I know that I had to change mtab, fstab, hosts and exports to make my
    Linux box work.

    Help!

    thank you. Junko

  2. Re: How do you add /home /prj /mounts?

    > I am in the sustaining group. The system administrators must focus
    > their time on the R&D
    > groups. So when the hard drive of my Ultra 1 died I had to learn. I
    > installed Solaris 8.
    > I can telnet into it. I can login if I am root. Otherwise I have no
    > home. I changed vfstab to
    > be identical to another Ultra 1's, but it still does not have a home. I
    > looked at another
    > old Ultra 1. I had Solaris 6, Sunos 5.6 installed. That one no changes
    > to /etc/vfstab, but it
    > still worked! These version of Unix are different? Must I change more
    > than /etc/vfstab?
    > I know that I had to change mtab, fstab, hosts and exports to make my
    > Linux box work.
    >
    > Help!

    Check the following files on the Ultra 1 you loaded and compare with the
    other Ultra 1 that works:

    /etc/auto_apps
    /etc/auto_home
    /etc/auto_master