Migrating to Linux or AIX from Solaris OS - SUN

This is a discussion on Migrating to Linux or AIX from Solaris OS - SUN ; The July 2006 issue of "Sysadmin" magazine came with a CD, apparently supplied by IBM, entitled "Migrating to Linux or AIX from Solaris OS". It seems only fair that Sun should respond with aids for migrating from Linux or AIX ...

  1. Migrating to Linux or AIX from Solaris OS

    The July 2006 issue of "Sysadmin" magazine came with a CD, apparently
    supplied by IBM, entitled "Migrating to Linux or AIX from Solaris OS".

    It seems only fair that Sun should respond with aids for migrating from
    Linux or AIX to Solaris! :-)

  2. Re: Migrating to Linux or AIX from Solaris OS

    On 2006-06-18, Richard B. Gilbert wrote:
    > The July 2006 issue of "Sysadmin" magazine came with a CD, apparently
    > supplied by IBM, entitled "Migrating to Linux or AIX from Solaris OS".
    >
    > It seems only fair that Sun should respond with aids for migrating from
    > Linux or AIX to Solaris! :-)

    Anyone who migrates *to* AIX needs their bumps felt.

    --
    "Other people are not your property."

  3. Re: Migrating to Linux or AIX from Solaris OS

    Richard B. Gilbert wrote:
    > The July 2006 issue of "Sysadmin" magazine came with a CD, apparently
    > supplied by IBM, entitled "Migrating to Linux or AIX from Solaris OS".

    Just got mine today. The CD case might be handy.
    Before tossing the CD in the trash, I took a quick look at what's in it:

    cat readme.txt

    "The flies listed below and included on this CD are licensed to you..."

    flies and garbage usually go together

+ Reply to Thread