what happend with DST this year? - SUN

This is a discussion on what happend with DST this year? - SUN ; i checked three machines sunday. an ultra-2 running sol10 1/2006 had mde the switch to DST. but so had an ultra-1E running sol9 (the last full release) and a sparc2 running sol7! how did this happen? -- getting out of ...

  1. what happend with DST this year?

    --
    getting out of bed in the morning is an act of false confidence
    - jules feifer

  2. Re: what happend with DST this year?

    awouk@syzygy.nilenet.com (Arthur Wouk) writes:
    >i checked three machines sunday. an ultra-2 running sol10 1/2006
    >had mde the switch to DST. but so had an ultra-1E running sol9 (the
    >last full release) and a sparc2 running sol7!

    >how did this happen?

    What area are you in?

    Most places in the US didn't change anything for DST this year. Some
    parts of Indiana got even more confused (in the attempt to make the 3
    different time handling areas there simpler down to two).

    Next year is the big change in the US when the date of DST changes to
    be several weeks earlier. Solaris 10 1/2006 has the northamerica zoneinfo
    file already updated. Obviously, you'll need patches for the other two
    systems to fix it up for next year's change.

  3. Re: what happend with DST this year?

    In article <4432ca52$0$66521$892e0abb@auth.newsreader.octanews .com>,
    Doug McIntyre wrote:
    >awouk@syzygy.nilenet.com (Arthur Wouk) writes:
    >>i checked three machines sunday. an ultra-2 running sol10 1/2006
    >>had mde the switch to DST. but so had an ultra-1E running sol9 (the
    >>last full release) and a sparc2 running sol7!

    >>how did this happen?

    >What area are you in?
    >
    >Most places in the US didn't change anything for DST this year. Some
    >parts of Indiana got even more confused (in the attempt to make the 3
    >different time handling areas there simpler down to two).
    >
    >Next year is the big change in the US when the date of DST changes to
    >be several weeks earlier. Solaris 10 1/2006 has the northamerica zoneinfo
    >file already updated. Obviously, you'll need patches for the other two
    >systems to fix it up for next year's change.

    i am in the mountain zone. your response explains things. i will look
    for the future patches.
    --
    getting out of bed in the morning is an act of false confidence
    - jules feifer
    to email me, delete syzygy. from my return address

+ Reply to Thread