not entry for man pages ? - SUN

This is a discussion on not entry for man pages ? - SUN ; why after I installed Sol10 on intel and issued : #man ls no entry for ls ?...

  1. not entry for man pages ?

    why after I installed Sol10 on intel and issued :
    #man ls
    no entry for ls ?

  2. Re: not entry for man pages ?

    ehabaziz2001@gmail.com wrote:
    > why after I installed Sol10 on intel and issued :
    > #man ls
    > no entry for ls ?

    Is it only as root the ls man page does not display.

    try

    ls -l /usr/man/man1/ls.1 /usr/man/cat1/ls.1 /bin/man
    echo $MANPATH

    --
    Dave K MCSE.

  3. Re: not entry for man pages ?

    ehabaziz2001@gmail.com wrote:
    > why after I installed Sol10 on intel and issued :
    > #man ls
    > no entry for ls ?

    Try also:

    sparrow /downloads % pkginfo | grep SUNWman
    system SUNWman On-Line Manual Pages

    --
    Dave K MCSE.

  4. Re: not entry for man pages ?

    ehabaziz2001@gmail.com wrote:
    > why after I installed Sol10 on intel and issued :
    > #man ls
    > no entry for ls ?

    It depends what you installed. I haven't checked for Solaris 10, but
    some of the install options in earlier releases don't install the
    manuals, and not just the obviously tiny ones.

    --tim

+ Reply to Thread